Who feeds their undesirable shrimp to other pets?

TheShrimporium

Like the title says, I'm curious what you do with your undesirable shrimp offspring.

Do you flush them?

Feed to other aquatic pets, if so, what?

throw them in the trash?

Until now, I had a few dedicated tanks for culls but now I need those tanks. I have considered using one of those tanks to put a colossus asellus (Amazon Puffer) in as my living garbage disposal.

What species of fish would you use?!

Do you have the puffer already? I could only keep dwarf puffers because I couldn't bring myself to trim their teeth. I have a baby catfish that we got in a bunch of fishing bait minnows and I thought for sure that he would eat some, but no dice. There has to be about 40 culls in their with him right now (mostly sub adults and juvies) and they can sit on its head and it doesn't seem to trigger any sort of response besides swimming away.

What kind of shrimp?  Maybe you could RAOK  them out?  I bet there are people who would like to start off with them .

I was unable to feed my castaways to the other fish.   My heart is to soft.  I ended up buying another tank for them . 

I throw my culls all over. I got a few Red cherrys in my puffer tank, as well as an angle fish tank, all my wilds go in my newt tanks. But I like to throw them where they won't be a quick treat I still have my shrimp in all those tanks.

I am thinking I will take my culls to my LFS.  I have blue velvets right now.  They will give me 1/3 of their for sale price in store credit, and they sell blue velvets for $14.99 a piece!  I'm sure I could figure out something to do with that store credit :D

Yeah, my LFS only buys shrimp that they don't currently have in stock. They actually carry quite a few neo variations on a regular basis, although I don't think they really know that much about shrimp. I mostly have PFR culls and they almost always already have red shrimp when I call.

I've tried so many times to feed my shrimp to my cats and they just won't eat them! I started with already dead, then tried to get over my squeamishness and offered a couple live. They won't eat them. Picky cats! This was my genius plan to deal with culling, since I don't have another tank, but I could still have a circle of life. Fail.

After that, I started a nano vase and kept the culls there quite happily for a few months. Luckily/unluckily, It had a crash, and I cleaned it out and there's nobody in it right now.

Then, luckily/unluckily, I had the Great Twin pH Crashes of late 2014, and haven't had to worry about culling for a bit. :-/ I just saw babies though, so maybe I'll have to worry again soon!

Betta fish. I am going to be trying to see if they will keep the numbers down. And I have tried cats, mine will not eat fresh shrimp, but I had a ghost that got up into the lights and dried out/cooked, and he was a crunch kitty snack that lasted all of one second. So I am going to try them cooked at low heat until they dry out and see if they like them that way.

These weren't unwanted but while I was at work one day about a year ago my wife found this betta fish she had to have. When I came home he had eaten or killed half of the painted fire shrimp in the tank. He is fairly aggressive but only towards red, can't have chili rasboras in there but I can have some pencil fish about the same size or female endless.

Betta fish. I am going to be trying to see if they will keep the numbers down. And I have tried cats, mine will not eat fresh shrimp, but I had a ghost that got up into the lights and dried out/cooked, and he was a crunch kitty snack that lasted all of one second. So I am going to try them cooked at low heat until they dry out and see if they like them that way.

I have bettas and one did slurp up a live shrimp that I didn't realize was stuck to the net (long story) - but betta's stomachs are very small so I was actually shocked he could take the whole thing. A betta might be able to take one a day tops. He might try to eat more but then you are going to have issues with the betta.

I'm guessing you won't know if you want to cull until they are bigger and if you look at the size of a betta's eye.. that's about as big as their stomach. 

Like Dendrobatez said, they may very will attack and kill them, but it won't be a fast/simple death in most cases :( and I don't have the stomach to watch that. Luckily I don't have to cull snowballs

I throw them in my other tanks or sell them.