Preparing for Blue Velvets - 10 gallon tank

Crazyfishlady

If all goes well I am going to call them SUPER BVs :) I'm putting in an order with Han so they are going to have lots of goodies and be pampered after their hell week with usps. 

Already have IAL in there to help reduce stress

THEY ARE HERE!!!!!!!  :D And... everyone is alive! WOOT!!!!

I logged onto usps this morning and said some very not nice words when it showed they were holding them for a monday delivery since the address I gave was my work (which is closed on weekends). So I picked up the phone and tried calling the post office. Called 6 times, each time got a voice mail so I headed down there with the mantra "please let them be there, please let them be ok"

It was torture standing at the counter waiting to see if they were really there or on a delivery truck somewhere.

Then the lady came out from the back with the box. I nearly snatched it out of her hands. I put them on the front seat and talked to the box all the way home. Yes... I really did.

Flew in the front door, my son jumping out of the way and then running to get the scissors for me.

I got to the bag and was unwrapping it, "Please let them be ok... please" My son now worried what was going to happen if they weren't.

Lifted up the bag, held my breath... movement!!! More movement!!!

Ran into the room that had the drip and bucket all set up and got them into it. 

OMG - I think I am sick from the adrenaline, ha ha

Gorgeous color even after the trip from hell. :) Nice surprise of some snowflake that was tucked in the box (that originally went flying with the stuffing, lol).

So - here are my new SUPER blue velvets (Super because they are tough buggers). Ok... I think I can breathe now...

post-507-0-56968900-1423339325_thumb.jpg

post-507-0-10968400-1423339326_thumb.jpg

You and me both - omg talk about stress, ha ha

A few pics of them checking out their new home. They are so cute! I can't wait to see them when they color up more! wow

post-507-0-99775500-1423355472_thumb.jpg

post-507-0-65903100-1423355534_thumb.jpg

post-507-0-56485800-1423355576_thumb.jpg

My order from Han came in today (does a little happy dance). Some spoiled shrimp are about to get a little more spoiled. :)

I have some weeping moss and xmas moss that will be going on the ledges (omg I love those ledges). I've become a bit of a moss junkie lately, ha ha. Going to boil the cholla, pre-soak the mineral stone....

This is my project for the weeked.

Got a great freebie of "Han special blend" hmmmm secret ingredients maybe? :D

post-507-0-00625000-1423794385_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Redoing the tank thanks to the supplies from Han and all of the moss from Greenteam! Wow do I have a lot of moss! :)

BVs are giving me dirty looks but hopefully they will enjoy the new step up. Will take pics when all done 

Edited to add - I really hope some of them are males, counted 5 saddled girls while I was messing with their tank - fingers crossed!

post-507-0-25722100-1424568648_thumb.jpg

post-507-0-97568600-1424568665_thumb.jpg

Finally - ok - so no aqua scaping in my future, but I LOVE all the moss and the ledges and can't wait to see it all fill in

BVs are very pissed off at me, so they got a treat of blood worms

ETA - I know that one regular plant looks odd just sitting there but one one of the shrimp stayed on it the WHOLE time I was moving things around so I couldn't bring myself to yank it out. lol