My parameters seem okay, but shrimp dying and not active?

I've been having my CRS die off one by one and my cheeries dont seem to be doing that great. Tank is a couple of months old and was seeded with media and substrate from an established tank. Fluval stratum, some plants, once a week feeding with fluval shrimp food. Api test kit. 15gallon

ph: 6.4

gh: 6

kh: close to zero (solution is yellow, 1 drop and the test tube is also yellow?)

ammonia: 0

Nitrite :0

Nitrate: 5

temp: ~70-72

TDS: 220

Please let me know what you think is wrong or any other questions about the tank you have.

When did you get the shrimps? Did you acclimate them? What were their original parameters? I'd say gh and TDS are high for the CRS to do well but there are those who keep them at GH 6 without problems. But if the shrimps you got are used to GH 3, this might be a problem.

I use tap water with api tap water conditioner. temp is 72-73 and they seem more active. Im thinking I should get a heater to keep temps more consistant. tank is not covered. I also brought down the tds and gh a bit. now tds is 180 and gh 5. they seem more happy. I feed only a bit and they don't seem too interested. I remove uneaten food. Hopefully they continue to thrive at these parameters. Didnt think 220 tds was that much

I use tap water with api tap water conditioner. temp is 72-73 and they seem more active. Im thinking I should get a heater to keep temps more consistant. tank is not covered. I also brought down the tds and gh a bit. now tds is 180 and gh 5. they seem more happy. I feed only a bit and they don't seem too interested. I remove uneaten food. Hopefully they continue to thrive at these parameters. Didnt think 220 tds was that much

I would invest in a ro/di system. 80 to 170 TDS is ideal for crs @ 220 TDS the GH might have risen too.

+1 to what high said, in Wv I could use straight tap water (probably from the plethora of local springs) and the shrimp loved it. Once I moved to fl I tried again using conditioners and all the tests I could run looked fine but the shrimp would all slowly disappear, it wasn't until I started to use ro/di that they stopped dying and my shrimplet survival rate dramatically increased. I used to get mine from publix and it was pretty cheap per gallon.