Growing moss emersed

EpicAquatics

I have never grown moss emersed, but here what I've read works, get a 5-10g tank with a good lid, and a strong light that puts off heat, get a rough rock or a piece of driftwood and attach the moss to it, put like 1/2inch of water in the bottom and let it get humid, don't open the lid alot, or a terrarium humidifier would be awesome for it.

ive only tried growing flame moss emersed and it took longer to grow.

but all i did was lay some in a pot with soil.

I have peacock and riccia emersed, grows like weeds.

My emersed setup is a 40b with a light diffuser "shelf" that raises the pots ~10 inches from the top, water up to about 1inch below the soil level. Powerhead and airstone for water agitation and a current sat led+ on for 14 hours a day. I spray with tank water (EI dosed) once every 2 weeks during the period I have the glass top open for air exchange.

Most of the plants are buce, peacock moss is in the left topmost pot, I also have it in some of the other pots but I have to remove it after a while as it chokes out whatever plant it shares a pot with. Riccia was also choking out my pygmae buce so it is now floating there converting to submersed form.

16349420851_c8b89f3003_z.jpg

• 3 weeks later...