Gh kh

cindygao0217

If it is the API test kit, you drop one drop in at a time, cap, invert, look at the tube.   However many drops it takes to change color is your Kh and GH.   For example I tested the gh on one of my tanks today.  It took 5 drops of the gh liquid to change from Orange to green.

My GH  is 5. 

i just got my kh gh but the instruction doesn't say how many drop to put in it do anyone know

You're not reading the instructions.

Unlike other test kits where it tells you to drop how many, for GH/KH, you keep dropping one by one and shaking after each drop until it turns a certain color.

Read the instructions again.

Your only option if you are performing the test correctly, would be RO water and remineralizer.  Those numbers are high but sound like they are the correct proprtion to each other.  What is your pH I would assume with those gH and kH number your pH would be high as well somewhere around 8.

• 4 weeks later...

hey Cindy I have the GH HK test kit yesterday and I realize that It's expired...Lmao I was like you. If the GH solution itself is not even green then it's already expired (my theory because my GH is golden yellowish color). I did research on those test kit and usually they expire fast within 6-12 months. I believe 6 months. Many people have problems with the GH and  its because its already expired. =D. To check for expiration dates look at the last 4 LOT number. If its 0109 its mean January 2009 expired. =D I got the test kit expired 9 years ago from a local fish shop. Lmao. I hope this help you.