New tank ADA + Plants

Greenteam

So I'm curious about what you guys do when it comes to adding plants to a new tank.

In the past I use to wait a week before adding anything into a new tank with ADA soil, because I was told the low PH can burn and kill plants. Do you guys follow this practice or are you planting right away from day 1?

I planted everything at first for my snail tank at first day but the plant did not survive it so now I wait for 3-6 day then add the plant then few snail to test if it safe for the fish or shrimp then I let it cycle for 1 week then I put the fish or shrimp in I never hear of low ph will burn your plant but doesn't most people have crs and other softwater shrimp with some plant so I do not think the myth is true since I know a person who keep prl in a 4.9 ph and planted and the plant do just fine

I've planted a tank on day one with ada amazonia with no issues. The trick is to plant heavy and still keep up the water changes. The plants will be fine and since it's heavily planted you should have no algae issues as long as your lighting is right.

I've had mixed results. Some plants have done just fine, and others have melted away. I would say that moss would be fine, though. My java moss survives no problem in a ph less than 6.