The Journals of ThegardenofEder

TheGardenofEder

Here's the 20g rack I built it my self

this is going to transform in the spring I'm prity sure this is going to be my neo rack but right now it's home to many including a few neo tanks already and soon I will have some neos from soothing to add to the bottom tank second from the left just some cholla wood and xmas moss from han waiting for shrimp can't decide between the carbon or the chocolate for that tank

post-1309-0-96735100-1422928938_thumb.jp

5 screws in each from the front and a few in thr back of each bord as well looked it up before I made it and it's rater for more gallons then I have my 55g stands are rated for salt water and then some as well

Here's one of my pleco cory cat tanks, in here I have both short and long fin females, and a long fin male, they are all albino bristlenose plecos. I don't know if you can see the babies on the sides of the tank. The cory cats in this tank are albino as well. I just put this tank together this year, I can't wait till it grows out more.

post-1309-0-89340800-1422971608_thumb.jp

Think I'll stick with my cbs,crs,oebt,tb tanks for a few days, I just got a lot of tbs yesterday and they are my first. I've waited so long to get those shrimp I can't believe their acualy mine. What push me to jump to tbs was my recent success with my cbs. Tryed my luck with some high grade crs first and didn't do too well, that was before I even had ro system or a test kit for that matter. But with some help here on the forums I was able to save some of my crs and got my cbs to give me some babies, my oebt also had babies but sadly I didn't know scuds ate babies so I lost a bunch. I've been removing scuds from all my shrimp tanks for the last few weeks and haven't seen any for a few days. I said earlier I've been seting up a 20 gallon long with a glass divider for a half bare bottom tank. I have the glass inserted with the silicone done as well. It was my first time working with silicone and I don't think I did that bad. My soil comes today and I ordered a bunch of moss from han to help fill the tank when it is ready. This is my first time working with buffering soil so this should be fun, once I'm done with the 20g I'm going to start on a 55g cull tank and just use the 20g for selective breeding, after the 55 is done I'm sure I'll start more 20g selective breeding tanks, this time last year I had one cherry shrimp tank, I hope to expand my tbs just as fast as my neos.

post-1309-0-77679300-1423146773_thumb.jp

post-1309-0-93697000-1423146935_thumb.jp

post-1309-0-28246400-1423147012_thumb.jp

post-1309-0-43383000-1423147146_thumb.jp

Edited by TheGardenofEder

So sadly my soil never came yesterday and so many of my tanks are in remodel I thought I'd show you my future aquarium room in progress I hope to have this done in the next month or two(I have to build a stand for 2 30gs and my 20g L for my tbs in the living room First). I'm going to rip down the deck and the set of drawers on both sides of the desk, I'm going to fix some of the dry wall that I destroyed when I was a kid with a soccer ball, then build a rack for two 55g two 40gs, two 30gs, and I'll fill tens in where ever I can I haven't measured anything yet but I know that will at least fit, on top of all those I have some 20g Ls for my newts and syrens they are going on top of the 55 and 40s, theb I'll have room where my 40 currently sits to put in two more 55s but I need to wait for pet cos sale to come back to get more tanks, also I'm thinking about doing a large scale axolotl rack (coming up with designs to have a drain system and a fill system for water changes, each one will be in a plastic shoe box do they font eat each other). last but not least I'm going to build a ten g rack for my beta fish.

post-1309-0-24020300-1423227349_thumb.jp

post-1309-0-57222300-1423227398_thumb.jp

post-1309-0-04245400-1423227449_thumb.jp

Edited by TheGardenofEder