Jump to content

Greenteams 10g Frankenstein Project


Greenteam
 Share

Recommended Posts

So I got the sudden urge to setup another tank :startle: but I wanted to see how cost effective I could do it.

I had this 10g tank sitting in my storage closet and after some rummaging through my box of spare aquarium things (I’m sure we all have one) I manage to piecemeal this tank together hence the name :P

 

Filters: I used what I had laying around 1 aquaclear and 1 Rapids Mini Canister Filter

Light: I have a simple 24” single bulb T5 a buddy had given me.

Divider: I had left over glass and SS mesh from the other projects.

Substrate: Had a 9L ADA Amazonia bag that was urging me to use it.

Decorations: Had random driftwoods laying around.

Flora: Only thing I purchased was the moss from Han.

 

I still don't know what I will be placing into this tank so will see what shrimp I find.

 

Now Picture time!

post-168-0-32595200-1422505599_thumb.jpg

post-168-0-55154900-1422505674_thumb.jpg

post-168-0-54939900-1422505710_thumb.jpg

post-168-0-31112600-1422505749_thumb.jpg

post-168-0-68371600-1422505788_thumb.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

very nice man. I like the divider

Thanks I actually like it going horizontal better then my original idea of doing it vertical because I get much more even flow.

 

Looks awesome, what about some jelly bean neos?

 

I thought about it but I actually started to clear out all my neos and focus on caridina. All my tanks are soft water so Neos do ok but not great.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I tried doing the whole lights on 24/7 for a week and I got... 0 green algea on the glass :lol: which I know I should be happy but dang I swear I can't grow algea in my tanks even when I try.

 

On the other hand I got tons of biofilm all over the driftwood and substrate using Bacter AE. So going back to normal light cycle before I screw something up and have string algea take over my tank.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So not much changed so far other then adding a few feeder fish to help with cycle.

 

I did move some floaters over from my main tank and about an hour later I walk by check on the plants and long behold a baby shrimp had hitchhiked on the plants lol. A baby BKK was swimming around the tank like whatever and had to quickly catch him and toss back into main tank lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

So the tank cycled much faster then I expected. I used MK Silver and some Bactor AE so it only took 2 weeks to finish, but I let the tank run the full month to ensure more stable parameters. 

 

I did some rescaping and I added new shrimp to the tank.

 

On the left I have some CRS/Goldens and on the right I have some PBL.

post-168-0-58587200-1424635173_thumb.jpg

post-168-0-87464400-1424635205_thumb.jpg

post-168-0-99484400-1424635254_thumb.jpg

post-168-0-36488700-1424635310_thumb.jpg

post-168-0-50941800-1424635340_thumb.jpg

post-168-0-59866800-1424635380_thumb.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...