Anyone keep blue pearl shrimp

I saw that mine blue pearl , not always been blue...

I think its something in the foods. 

Sometimes is very dark blue and somtetimes is very soft-light blue...

Water parameteres its same...

I find my blue pearl get their best color when they aren't under really bright light. I started noticing this when my frogbit took over and provided a lot more shade, their color can change from clear to a nice ice blue fairly quickly. A lot of mine seem to have some amount of red in them too sewoeno

Have you considered selectively breeding to bring out the red?  It looks ot me like it could develop into stripes.  I think an interesting var could be made with red striped on a blue background.  You'd probably have a good start (if you cull) within 3-4 generations, and I'd love to follow your journal doing that. :)

The image taken from mobile, its no good.

The weird is why they change color , idont think is from light...
I keep them 2 years, and try selective breeding.

I kept ten of shrimp, the most blue and those that havent red stripes.

Now i have some babies.

The first picture is witth flash.

second you can see maybe a funcus at eggs?

post-553-0-13103800-1423072139_thumb.jpg

post-553-0-88621300-1423072141_thumb.jpg

post-553-0-88076100-1423072248_thumb.jpg

Have you considered selectively breeding to bring out the red?  It looks ot me like it could develop into stripes.  I think an interesting var could be made with red striped on a blue background.  You'd probably have a good start (if you cull) within 3-4 generations, and I'd love to follow your journal doing that. :)

Hadn't thought about it, the pearls I have were sent to me accidently. I was supposed to get some rilis (which I did not long after) so they never really had a tank of their own. They went into my chili rasbora tank who's ph is down a little lower than 5 so they don't breed right now, but I could try a plastic shoebox for them to call a home of their own see if the red will turn into something nice 

• 4 months later...

Blue Jelly was a European name for BV. (Neo davidi)

Actually they began as the original name of blue fairy shrimp from the breeder in Asia,

name changed to blue jelly in Europe,

name changed again to blue velvet in America,

name changed again to Dark Blue Velvet from me breeding a darker color strain and introducing that,

and then who knows what it branched off into then.

Pics 2 and 3 look to have traits of splotched carbons, while pic 1 looks to be bp (Neo palmata) or the original color of blue fairy (bv) (Neo davidi).

I love histories of where colors came from, but unfortunately much of it is lost.

Blue Jelly was a European name for BV. (Neo davidi)

Actually they began as the original name of blue fairy shrimp from the breeder in Asia,

name changed to blue jelly in Europe,

name changed again to blue velvet in America,

name changed again to Dark Blue Velvet from me breeding a darker color strain and introducing that,

and then who knows what it branched off into then.

Pics 2 and 3 look to have traits of splotched carbons, while pic 1 looks to be bp (Neo palmata) or the original color of blue fairy (bv) (Neo davidi).

I love histories of where colors came from, but unfortunately much of it is lost.

yea man, haha about a year plus ago they were labelled as blue velvet with deeper blues. and now d even deeper n darker blue are labelled as blue fantasy over here but the offsprings i have range from blue velvet looking to even black ones ? quite interesting that one of the offspring grew and matured pretty fast into a nice black one cool right haha

probably could get the bp (pic 1.) and play around abit from there :)

Sewoeno I thought of you when I read this description of blue pearl shrimp at Planet Inverts.  Looks like the red dots and lines are normal.

Appearance

Some of the Blue Pearl Shrimp will exhibit tiny red spots along the body. This is perhaps because the blue coloration was not fully bred solid and some red coloration still remains from the wild type. Red spots do not mean that it is a hybrid. Please see the photo below for an example of the red spots. However do not be surprised at how wonderful the coloration looks in person regardless of any red spots. As with most shrimp, you have to see the Blue Pearl Shrimp in person to truly appreciate the Blue Pearl Shrimp.