Petco Buys Drs Foster & Smith

mosspearl

Someone on the Planted Tank group on FB said they got an email from Petco that said they just bought Drs Foster & Smith. I don't buy from them a lot, but I do occasionally. They sometimes have good sales on filters and fish food. And they do carry a wide variety of the latter. Not sure how I feel about this. I just looked it up and apparently it's true. Thoughts?

Wow, hopefully they will allow it to keep operating as a stand-alone business. 

I buy a lot from Drs. Foster and Smith, just from a price/availability standpoint. (My disabled rabbit uses their wee wee pads, which means I can order whatever else I want without having to pay for shipping.) Their aquatics selection is not the greatest, but they have very competitive pricing on what they do have. I'm less of a fan of Petco's selection and pricing, so I'm pretty ambivalent about the buyout.

Neither one is really on the cutting edge of freshwater invertebrates, though, so I doubt they'll have much new to offer.

Thanks for the news! Hopefully it's not a bad news since I really like to shop on Drs Foster & Smith for the variety of their products.

If I have to buy something for aquarium, I rather go their website than Petco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk