How do I get rid of snails?

brunoboy650

I'm getting a pea puffer for a separate tank, and I plan on using my "problem snails" as his regular food. They can eat the small sized ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could put a couple of assassin snails (6-10 maybe) in your tank. They will likely get rid of most of them.

In general, snails are good and beneficial for your tank, because they clean the waste that your shrimps leave behind and also their excrement provide a rich source for bioflim for your shrimps to eat.

When snail populations get to high in my tanks, I put a few assassin snails in them and take them out, when the number of snails is at a desirable level. I sometimes leave one or two snails in there.

Also, you can squish the baby snails on the glass when you see them and your shrimp will eat them. If you do this regularly, your snail population will go down slowly.

I used to squish a snail for the shrimp once a day or every other day, and now I don't have that many to squish any more. In fact, I rarely see a bladder snail at all. 

Of course don't squish them ALL at once if you have a lot, as that may be a lot of dead snails. But if you only have a few, you could probably start now and they'd be gone pretty quickly. (And this assumes you're comfortable with the squishing)