if you could have any exotic animal what would it be?

aquariumlover10

Not that I would ever really keep one - but if we are 'wishing' it would be a black panther :)  There is just something about them.

I did have a sugar glider once - cute as button but yikes on the screeching, lol

Dealt with too many to want anything. Too hard to know the care requirements, too difficult to care for them when they get sick.

As long as we are wishing, though, corals fascinate me. I think it would be amazing to learn how to propagate them.

Savannah cats look cool, I think I've seen one.

A panther would be awesome, you would never get robbed :P

Corals actually aren't that hard, just need $200 and you can get a 10g SW tank with some softies, I have never kept corals personally though.

CFL do you have pics of the sugar glider?

I think a wolf would be awesome, and I mean a 100% wolf, not the half wolf half husky breed people have, but I guess that would be the cheaper version :P

Wolves are pack animals, a single one would not do well. When there's a pack, it's much harder to train them. When you can't train them, you can't handle them, and they are out of luck if they get sick. If you think you want a wolf, you don't really - you want a dog. Dogs are domesticated wolves that have adjusted to life with humans. Those were some very important domestication steps, don't skip out on them just because you think it's cool.

There is a tiny skunk on the farm where I work. Cute. Would still not want him or her as a pet.

I don't have a pic of the sugar glider - it was about 18 years ago, back before quick pictures. I let my boys have a lot of different critters. Some I enjoyed, some I did not, but I wanted them to learn to enjoy animals. :)

We had a wolf hybrid dog - crazy smart, like freaky smart. We did not 'seek out' this mix and I would discourage it personally. It came to us as a friend of a friend sort of thing. Again, many years ago.

First vet trip we ran into an issue. We wrote the 'breed' dog as wolf/shepard mix. The vet walked in, looked at that, then said "I'm going to leave the room, cross that out so I can't read it and I will come back in". I was shocked, but did it. He then explained that vets are not allowed to treat hybrids (at least not then) so as not to promote the mix. We ended up having to rehome the dog because she needed way more room and stimulation that we could offer.

I would love to have a high content wolf dog but containment and howling would be a problem.  I went and brought in a bunch of donations to a wolf dog rescue a little while ago and it was amazing just sitting amongst them.  They have 8 foot fences with 2 foot overhangs, I guess 1 foot overhangs weren't enough to keep them in.

Sturgeon pond would be cool too.

Most local pet shops here in MI sell sugargliders and ive NEVER seen one in person.

Every store theyre just snoozing away in their cloth hammock hidden from view.

but anyway, id like an alligator or croc.....if only they stayed small. Id be cool with a 1 footer for life.

set up a nice wet/dry habitat in a 300gal. Itd be a great center piece for my family room.

I have been to a place called skunky acres, basically they are a small rehabilitation center/small zoo and they have abunch of those descented skunks, they are actually pretty cool, not wilds though, those things are scary.

awwww that's sounds like a neat place to visit but ya wild ones are mean I don't wish to encounter one ive seen a few dogs who have poor things

Have you ever seen that animal planet show that is an exotic animal vet, their was an episode that had a fennec fox on their.

and yuppers I love those shows im into almost anything animal related

I've smelled the poop from the large cats that get fed raw meat diets. No no no no. Cannot handle it. No carnivores for me. Too many undigested lipids in their poop. Ew. I do hear frequently that the volume is much less, won't contest that.

I most likely have a strange nose - herbivore poop is generally not offensive to me. And primates, ugh, I cannot deal with primate poop.

Most food-motivated animals can be trained if you work with them. Pretty cool. I am not a trainer, though. My animals train me to wake up and feed them.

I've smelled the poop from the large cats that get fed raw meat diets. No no no no. Cannot handle it. No carnivores for me. Too many undigested lipids in their poop. Ew. I do hear frequently that the volume is much less, won't contest that.

I most likely have a strange nose - herbivore poop is generally not offensive to me. And primates, ugh, I cannot deal with primate poop.

Most food-motivated animals can be trained if you work with them. Pretty cool. I am not a trainer, though. My animals train me to wake up and feed them.

Cat poop is a totally different story, their poop would stink even if they only ate rose petals.