The algae ate my fish

mosspearl

Okay, that may not be true. Perhaps the fish died and then fell into the algae. Either way, the stupid hair algae claimed one of my boraras brigittae. :( I hand pulled out all that I could. I've been applying liquid CO2 but had gotten a bit lax when the family fell sick. Gah! I like my tiny fishes. :(

Goodea Butterfly Ameca Splendens..the only commercially available fish that feeds on hair algae. They continuously search for it and will strip everything in the tank of it. Alpha pro breeders has them. I think they are livebearers.

Don't know about their being shrimp safe.

Dunno if he got caught in the algae or not. They swim at the top most of the time. 

I looked up the Ameca splendens... very aggressive feeders, not a good community fish, so even if I wanted livebearers (I don't), I couldn't put them with my itty bitty chilis. I pulled out as much as I could by hand. It only grows on my anubias in this tank. I limit the amount of light it gets, but it is by a window, so it does get some ambient light, though not a lot. I have the back (window side) covered with black foam pads to help insulate the glass from the cold.

Guess I need to step up the water changes and see what happens. 

It's the bane of my existence. ..except for the little tiny worms..and I just pull it out where I can and do blackouts for three days. Did you know that someone is actually selling it on ebay? Maybe to feed those Agressive fish