Things shrimp people say that no one else understands :-) for fun

Crazyfishlady

I agree - I get so excited about it all. Two coworkers like hearing about it (or at least pretend to) the others can't understand the fascination to 'a tiny shrimp that you can't eat' ha ha

I think I few still don't believe me when I tell them just how many people really are into keeping shrimp

Lol i think there are few people who even like them that i know. I dont think ive talked to anyone from work about my collecrion haha

I know when I mention I keep shrimp tanks I always get asked if I eat them....

Another aspect that comes with the hobby is selling plants.

I remember once meeting up with a local guy to sell him moss. As we both pulled into a parking lot of a bank (meeting halfway) we get out shake hands talk for a bit then I say let me get what you came here fore. Open my back door and pull out 3 zip lock bags full of green fluffy moss, and then we proceed to exchange money for the moss. I make the joking comment that I only sell top notch stuff and not that cheap imitation stuff (miss labeled mosses). As I turn to walk back to my car I catch out of the corner of my eye 6 bank employees and some customers staring at us thru the banks window..... :thumbsu: Nothing to worry about folks just another successful sale.

I watched an episode of cops not long ago about them stopping guys in nyc exchanging plants outside a stoor. They tested these plants thinking they were pot was hilarious.

ha ha - I guess we can look very suspicious.. meeting in the back of a parking lot, exchanging things in baggies and mysterious boxes.

Unrelated to the shrimp part but to the cop part - When my youngest (almost 16 now) was little I would keep baggies of powered formula in my purse (ahh, you see where this is going right? :) ) It made it handy when I needed to make a bottle for him on the go. I also was growing oregano on the balcony of my apartment.

A few friends from work wanted some oregano so I picked it and put in ziploc style sandwich bags and tucked it in my purse.

So, I was driving to work one morning and saw a string of cops waiting to pick of speeders. I looked down at my open purse and pictured myself handcuffed, slammed face first on the ground while they tested the baby formula and oregano. 

Luckily I did not get pulled over but I was sweating it a bit, ha ha

We definitely had cops circling a NYC aquatic plant meet. Hey, we were passing baggies of green stuff, bottles of liquid, powders ... and we were just hanging out on the street.

My car is such a disaster that I might not have cleaned all of the needles out of it. I've basically been hoping that I never get stopped. So there's just my bottle of epinephrine -wait, I don't have a script for that. Crud.

Been there done that....meeting in a car wash parking lot, handing bags of some sort over to people for cash! 

Officer I'm selling caridina, no not marijuana!  Yes I know it looks like weed, but its sea-weed in flake form.

No you don't smoke it, you feed it to your shrimps. No not my Kids, my Shrimps :D

I tried to explain that I was really tired today because I spent Saturday night waking up to check on the shrimp that were drip acclimating, and then again all day and night Sunday with two rabbits that decided to go into gastrointestinal stasis one after the other. No one paid attention ...