Baby shrimp diet

Merryxmas

MK-Breed shrimp baby food.

You can find it here, great stuff for peewee.

Theirs many types of baby foods for shrimps.

There early stage of them being born, they really only feed mostly on biofilm.

After that any type of powdered food will work for baby's.

Like James said MK-Breed baby food is a great choice :)

As noted above I definitely agree with MK Breed Baby Food and Bacter AE. Ideally the best food I feed my baby shrimp is the biofilm generated from using products that generate beneficial bacteria.

I have not put any 'baby specific' food in my tank and I have 50+ snowball babies - now in 3 different sizes.

I did, however, get a neat sample packet of AE from discobee with an order I recently got. I was going to ask how to use it?

The babies dive into the food dish and eat whatever is in there, plus I have biofilm, leaf litter and alder cones.

How do you 'use' the AE and are the babies truly lacking without it?

Honestly, I don't feed my baby shrimps anything. Heck, I don't even see them until their around 1 cm. I don't think they touch processed food or at least none that I've seen.

As long as your tank is healthy with plenty of biofilm, you'll be seeing your baby shrimps soon enough. Don't assume their dead because you don't see them. They just super tiny!!

I see my babies, even when tiny - zipping everywhere. I see them munching on the glass (guessing biofilm on the algae?). They also go into the feeding dish and when they are a tad bigger I have seen them snatching food from the bigger shrimp, it's pretty amusing. :)

I have seen them eating blood worms too... like a tug of war

Shrimp are so entertaining, I wonder what they think of us :)

how the heck do you all measure the babies? :D Mine zip around all over the place. I have 3 different size babies right now but.. I guess I could try to catch one when it is being still near the glass... if I am lucky?

how the heck do you all measure the babies? :D Mine zip around all over the place. I have 3 different size babies right now but.. I guess I could try to catch one when it is being still near the glass... if I am lucky?

I don't really try to keep close track of them, but yes, they can be easily measured when they are grazing ON the glass.

Hey you know what.. I just cleaning my filter canister, and found a lots of blue preal babies inside it! How awful am I? [emoji33]

I also found mommy black coco inside of it with other male red fire.. Gosh how the heck they can get sucked into the canister

(sorry OTT.. It shocked me alot [emoji24])

Haha shrimp will always find a way into filters. Crazy. At least they were alive?

I use straight bee pollen sometimes. I just put a couple little nuggets in, try to aim for a clump of moss where the babies like to hang out, and they dissolve with the flow of the tank.