Yellow shrimp, but how

Do you have more info about these shrimp on this picture?

My friend use YKK interbreed with other TB, and some offspring are in that picture.

It looks like throwback to TT.

From all listed shrimps TT are the most active "Lovers"

There are possibilities this to be TT+TT offspring. In my 200 TT population time to time pops shrimps like this one.Colors are little bit more yellow than original TT orange color and no stripes at all.

If the flash have been used the light orange looks that yellow. Yellow with flash gets very clear and pale. All those statement are my own observation but I can't guarantee that they are 100% true in this case.

Thanks for the info. And for the moment, I will call them Yellow Bastards  ;).

The story keeps developing:

1. As I wrote before, I crossed one Yellow Bastard with Black TB. First I though there was no offspring at all, but there are some indeed! I count about 15 of them. They look a lot like the pictures above of James Aquatics, but also they have some Zebra pattern. I will post some pictures later.

2. More and more yellow ones are popping up in the mix tank. So Plamski, you could be right.

3. Because I had only 3 Yellow Bastard females in the first time, I added some TT males to them. Their offspring is just released. The look kinda pink/orange, not yellow so far, but they are stil very small. I will have to wait a couple of weeks before I can see how they look.

• 4 weeks later...

They are Beautiful! You should call them "Gold Nugget" because they look metallic gold.

And as promised, this are the offspring of the 'Yellow Bastard' x KingKong/Panda:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Kinda cool little shrimp they are. Not sure what to do with them. Maybe wait for the F2 what it will be.

Seriously....are you ininterested in selling any of these? Now or later, let me know. I am totally in love with the gold nugget color!

Oops, I did not realize you like them so much, I just saw them as a side result and put them into my mixed tank. They are still very recognizable, so if you like I will track them for you and update some pictures in a few weeks.

Back to the yellow one who started this topic: so far, with something like a hundred young shrimp in the mix tank, so far not a single yellow one is popping up anymore. So the ones that I separated in a new tank are still the only one. I count 3 (big) females and one (hope so) male of 1cm. I really hope they will give some offspring. I also had removed 2 of them, because when they grow up the had different shade of color, a little more green of they had just a few very minuscule black stripes.

So it's very exiting to see if a colony will be born or the adventure will slowly ends. If this would happens, I could go back to the golden ones above to give them their own tank. But for now, fingers crossed! ;)

I'll be the first in line for those yellow b x kk ones. I think metallic gold would be popular!

And as promised, this are the offspring of the 'Yellow Bastard' x KingKong/Panda:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Kinda cool little shrimp they are. Not sure what to do with them. Maybe wait for the F2 what it will be.

If you crossed the yellow bastard with the king kong/panda, how would you get yellow/orange/metallic gold? Aren't the king kongs black?

If you crossed the yellow bastard with the king kong/panda, how would you get yellow/orange/metallic gold? Aren't the king kongs black?

To be honest, it's confusing me too.

I understand you like these golden ones, but keep in mind it's only the first generation. Noting stable or true breeding. I expect that the offspring will be all kind of colors and patterns.

I focus on these yellow bastards at the moment, because i'm kinda curious about them. They seem not be the same like the so called YKK I've seen on pictures. And if I have a little group of them, I can repeat the cross with a black TWB any time I want. But if the Yellow ones end, I won't have something to cross with for sure.

Thanks for the feedback and I will be back on this in some time.

• 3 months later...

A small update. I found a few more yellow ones in my mix tank! So now I have a group of 8 shrimp in their own tank.

Some are very nice yellow and some are more brown/yellow. So maybe selection could bring something nice.

post-1572-0-60312200-1442771821_thumb.jp

You can find more pictures of them on my blog: http://www.shrimpmaster.net/photobook/39/yellow-bastard-first-pieces.html

A small update. I found a few more yellow ones in my mix tank! So now I have a group of 8 shrimp in their own tank.

Some are very nice yellow and some are more brown/yellow. So maybe selection could bring something nice.

attachicon.gifxl_6ef2532a60cf49a27c85659b8865adc3.jpg

You can find more pictures of them on my blog: http://www.shrimpmaster.net/photobook/39/yellow-bastard-first-pieces.html

That's amazing.

You may create your own line of YKK.

I'd like to have some once you have colony going.

Gorgeous!! Very nice yellow KK shot btw! Congrats

Time to create your Own Line :)

attachicon.gifxl_6ef2532a60cf49a27c85659b8865adc3.jpg

• 4 weeks later...