Rili Bolt

Jadenlea

I ordered some shrimp from  Shrimpscales this week and found this interesting looking guy in the bunch.... or maybe its a girl...  I am going to call him/her  "Rili Bolt" 

I tried to get the pic from different angles and then did a blow up...  

post-451-0-23606900-1424013883_thumb.jpg

post-451-0-34862800-1424013894_thumb.jpg

post-451-0-08366700-1424013909_thumb.jpg

I am not really sure if he has goldens in his tank. I know he has pandas and blue bolts .... I ordered mischlings.     Maybe he can answer if he  follows the string.    I would love to breed for it.  I think it is super cool looking but I was under the impression that mischlings are so random in what they reproduce.  

Here is a picture of what i am pretty sure is the mama. That shrimp came from a tank with mixed Taiwan bees and a few female mischings. The tank has produced many variations that look similar to that shrimp. Some have a red or blue tint to them that are very interesting as well. post-471-0-44494000-1424039647_thumb.jpg

I did  a little research on them.. it says that those skeleton goldens are great for bringing out deeper blues in blue bolts.  apparently  blue and white genes hold the same spot.. so it keeps the blue on blue bolts from getting as brilliant in the body.. however, if you have that gene without the white it allows the whole body of the bolt to be a much darker blue..  Hope I got that right.  

I have several more similar shrimp that should be ready to sell in a month or so. If you decide you want to try and start a line of skeleton golden shrimp let me know and i will try to help you out. It could be an interesting project if you have the time and space.

I will probably take you up on that !    I actually found a second one in the tank today. It  is not quite as "clear"   as the first one.  One has a very clear middle.. the second one has a bit more brown in the middle.   It makes me wonder if the pictures I took were of the two different shrimp without realizing it.  I really really like them.    

I like that skeleton pattern too.  I got some blue bolts last year and am seeing the skeleton trait in a couple of the offspring.  One has a golden tint and another a blue tint.   I'd like to isolate them and see what kinds of variations come out of that.