Carbon Rili cull in Sulawesi specs... drastic change!!

so I decided to place a Carbon Rili cull in my Sulawesi tank in hopes of encouraging my Cardinals to become more active during the day....

First off this Carbon Rili was almost breeding age and it was essentially a extremely low grade blue velvet... almost clear in color and no specs or blotches at all.

Since moving it into Sulawesi parameters almost three months ago, it has the richest, deepest blue of any Carbons I have to date. No blotches, but a beautiful royal/Caribbean blue color.

Do you think it is stress, high temps, water parameters??? I've considered solidating it back to it's original parameters to see if coloration declines or stays the same. What do you think?

so I decided to place a Carbon Rili cull in my Sulawesi tank in hopes of encouraging my Cardinals to become more active during the day....

First off this Carbon Rili was almost breeding age and it was essentially a extremely low grade blue velvet... almost clear in color and no specs or blotches at all.

Since moving it into Sulawesi parameters almost three months ago, it has the richest, deepest blue of any Carbons I have to date. No blotches, but a beautiful royal/Caribbean blue color.

Do you think it is stress, high temps, water parameters??? I've considered solidating it back to it's original parameters to see if coloration declines or stays the same. What do you think?

This is expected. It is because of the high GH and high temperature. You should experience high breeding rate and fast hatching rate too.

I did this experiment with my Blue Diamond Tiger and experienced the same as you.

The only problem is that the high pH is a little unstable (more ammonia is released) and when something die, a few of them die together.