Seed Shrimp

Shrimpie

LOL  I have plenty of copapods in most of my tanks already.  I like them.  Besides cleaning up, when they die, they make great protein meals for the shrimp.

Now, planaria are to be gotten rid of.  I know from firsthand experience they will kill shrimp.  .1g fishbendazole (fenbendazole) per tenner will do it.  But turn off the light for the first day as it degrades in light.

Take out any nerites or mystery snails.  It's deadly to them.

So Soothing - you would just leave the seed shrimp alone and treat with fish bendazole for the planaria?  Poopians - I have about 20 CRS and goldens.  I feed every other day - variety of goodies.  Have HMF for filtration - the seed shrimp love to live in there..

Planaria also burrow under soil.

Personally, I'd leave the seed shrimp alone.  It's not doing any harm, and is a sign of a good ecosystem.  Products like AE actually encourages small animals to flourish too.

If you have many planaria, after 3 days you can do a second dose for those that are coming out of the soil/eggs.  Then after that second 3 days is up, do a water change as some ammonia may be released from the dead planaria.  From my experience, shrimp will be fine.  Be sure to take some water from your tank and put it into a measuring cup.  Mix the powder and water, and then pour it in.  The water will fog, but it will clear.

Some people have had good results from the product "no planaria," however from the posts I have seen it's a mixed bag.  Some have had deaths of young shrimp from it, some haven't.  So I haven't messed with it myself.

Well, I do have the Fish Bendazole on hand I got on Amazon.  I have not tried "no planaria".  I saw that you had recommended this Fish Bendazole on another post - so I got some - just in case.