Here is Joe'y DIY bottle solution for ATO, practical but not applicable for  rack users  :roadrage:

Depends on how much room you leave between levels and how tall of a bottle you use.  You could always place the bottle on the next level up and have tubing down to tank.

I still prefer the one jumpsmasher found vs. taping something to my tank.

Thanks everyone's advice. I ended up buying the hydro ato. To my surprise, the sensor is bigger than I imagine it.

It will start to top off once the water level lower than the minimum sensor, but that's one inch of water already gone. Will this one inch effect much of my shrimps/tds/gh? It's a 3gallon tank. With michling and tb babies and a lot of chocolate neo

There would be a very small spike for a while every time it top offs.

Make sure you're topping off with RO/DI water and not remineralized water or you'll be increasing TDS/GH

thanks, i always top off with ro/di water. hopefully this wont have a huge impact since i need this ATO when im going on a vacation. 

Thanks everyone's advice. I ended up buying the hydro ato. To my surprise, the sensor is bigger than I imagine it.

It will start to top off once the water level lower than the minimum sensor, but that's one inch of water already gone. Will this one inch effect much of my shrimps/tds/gh? It's a 3gallon tank. With michling and tb babies and a lot of chocolate neo

Test it, disconnect the ATO and let it evaporate to the level where it would normally start to refill the tank.  Test your parameters and see if they are acceptable.