Question about remineralizers and established tanks

Ren

Hello everyone! I thinking of switching reminerlizers. Could you switch reminerlizer after the fact that your tank is mature? Could you technically swap reminerlizers by doing a 50+% water change and letting the tank go through a mini cycle? Is it better to just restart the tank? Basically I'm thinking about switching from shirakura ca+ to mk breed. What are your guys thoughts on this. Thanks -JP

Great question! I've heard people switching over with no ill effects. I still use Mosura Mineral Plus and have been hesitant to change. I just restarted a new tank with Shrimp Daddy products. As far as liquid re-mineralizers go MK sounds like the best bang for the buck.

I was either thinking of either mk breed or shrimp daddy. I heard and read that both are good. I hear shrimp daddy's stuff does amazing things for bee shrimp. I was looking at shrimp daddy's procedure on doing a restart and maintenance it's quite lengthy. I guess it's effort that you put in to attain great results.

you should have no problems switching between the 2 you have.  shirakura ca+ is one of the original and still an amazing product, but the bottle is just too small for most markets.

mk blue diamond is coming on strong and more and more people are adopting this new product which is exciting because i've been pushing people to liquids for a long time.

So is the gold and silver powder only used as an additive when you first start your tank? Can they be used when doing maintenance?

For maintanance, you use golden powder and blood diamond.  For example,  he said to use 1 spoon of golden powder and 1 cap of blood diamond for 25% water change for 25g tank.