8.5 G Cardinal Sulawesi

ctaylor3737

Just an update I have 4 babies that have grown up to a decent size, have the one berried again for about 2 weeks now so hopefully she should have the next batch. It seems that I only have one female from the first group of shrimp that I have.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Babies are growing up. This is an early pictures after the light was on. Got a nice blue to it.

-Chris

• 4 weeks later...

Glad to say that my shrimp are breeding like crazy. I have about 15 juvies in the tank that I can count and I have 2 berried shrimp, so hopefully soon will have alot in the tank! I have plans for a larger sulawasi tank so I hope they keep breeding so I can make a 20l or go crazy and get a 55g lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Will be adding some new editions soon! Harlequins and yellow cheeks will be coming soon! Very exciting times.

Have about 25 cardinals now, they are breeding pretty good. Have 2 berried a lot. Low baby survival it seems. Its getting better though.

No it's alive, it's the body that is blue. If it goes clear at night it's blue. It has a bluish tint to it.

These guy's are next on my radar. Thanks for sharing all the info on theses guys Chris.

May have some when your ready, these guys breeding a lot. So but pretty steady

I just spotted one shrimplet yesterday that is light blue with tank lights off under flashlight, the others are normal color like the parents. today with tank lights on I see normal color shrimplets, the light blue could be hiding or became red, I am not sure. if I ever have chance to catch it and isolate it I will keep you updated.

Has anyone turned out the lights and then after an hour or so, turned them on to see if there is a difference between the clear tissue red coloring and the blue tissue red coloring?

Yea there is man. Red turns a scarlet clear color. Just a hint of red, blue does the same thing just a hint of light blue. Its not even enough to pick up on camera I tried already.

• 2 weeks later...

Proud so say bee in my tanks 18 hours and they look awesome. They colored up nice and they are not at all shy like I've heard. Seem pretty stable! Seeing if they dig the snowflake or not. I'll update after I wake up, many updates fir the next few days on progress.

Stay Tuned

Taylor's Aqua World