Tibee, mischling, crystal journal

Subtletanks91

I started to select certain females to breed with my tb. Last night I bred my biggest female mischling with my male wine red. This morning she was berried!!! Today I took my biggest female tib and put her in the breeder net with a female pseudo tib(although it looks like a tt, it was in a tib only tank I bought from someone on tpt. ) so I am hoping that doing a water change today will induce these two females to molt and allow the male to breed with them. I'm am interested in the outcome if there will be some pintos from the offspring.

post-90-0-90436700-1404582202_thumb.jpg

post-90-0-14813500-1404582209_thumb.jpg

The female I chose had just molted and was the only female not flying around the tank so it was over night, I lucked out there.

I had no luck with the golden and tib that I put in though.

So last night I swooped up a berried tib that is about ready to give birth, and a male one stripe black King Kong. There both in the breeder box now, so as soon as she gives birth, I'll do a water change to induce molting and then it should happen over night again

I can say for certainty that colors get bolder as they get older or certain colors fade but generally when a peewee turns to a juvie the pattern it has stays. I've seen this in multiple offspring of myne where the pattern stays as is even through adulthood. For instance, the one I posted asking if it was a red bolt a while back, it's color has not changed, it is a golden bee, with an intense pinkish orange fleshy tone and speckled white dots, but not even a solid plate of white. It has been this was since it was a peewee and is now a juvi almost sub adult.

• 3 weeks later...

The ever expanding colors of shrimp in my tank is getting more diverse, I can't wait till they reach adulthood so I can tell what they are. I have greyish clear ones with white back stripes. I have red pintos with a solid backing and 'maro' dots I don't even know what that is, I have tibees with black on the bottom of a white carapace by the swimmerets, tiger tooth mischlings, blue bolt babies. Shrimp that have no white at all but had red. This winter will be a candy land when I sort through them to keep and cull out when I re do the tank. I've gotten many great ideas on a tank build. Bare bottom tank with a u shape retainer and slow flow ugf. Custom breeder box I'm blue printing courtesy of randy. Moss ledge grow outs. Buce land room.

If I have enough left over acrylic, or I even may end up buying some glass to make my own, small breeder boxes for either side of the tank. It'll be magnificent haha.

On the down side I found an old female passed away today :(

Explain to me the color of this shrimp. Has been this way since birth, my opinion, a crs bred with a pseudo tibee

I would agree with you.