Does anyone here sell cardinal shrimp?

Soothing Shrimp

I have some for sale.  They are the last of my collection, about 7 left. Also have about 5 rabbit snails left too.

Prices on aquabid go for about $16-20 each.  I'm selling mine for $12 really to just get them out of the tank they are in since I need it for another project.  I will also have Salty Shrimp 7.5 available when all shrimp are gone.

Good to know. It will be a while for my tank to build some biofilm, but maybe when I'm ready you'll have them. Even if not, I appreciate you chiming in.

Does anyone else here have a steady supply?

Is that what you got the ss for? I will probably have my colony going good by then. I have a few babies in my tank now. So they should breed good from here now.

-Chris

I used to boil the water with the powder in it, but man that made everything cloudy.

Yea stuff is cloudy it really takes about 5 days to dissolve. After you first fill your tank keep 5gs with an airstone in it. Will eventually all dissolve. How many gallons u using?

-Chris

Yea mines in a 8.5 cube. Does fine in there, They only,seem to have 8 eggs or so. They seem to only,carry a few, May be it's just Thier first time. You can't ever tell if they are saddled. The berries stick out, though. Think I may have jumped a little when I noticed, mine haha.

-Chris

I am going to be importing a bunch of sulawesi's in a couple of weeks :).

I am going to be importing a bunch of sulawesi's in a couple of weeks :).

Mind if I ask which types you going to carry? I've been drooling over the spinata ever since I saw Logemann's set up. Check this out if you haven't seen it.

For my first order I am getting cardinals, yellow cheek, and brown camo.  I am testing the waters on this first order to see how well they ship and what sort of survival I can expect. 

For my first order I am getting cardinals, yellow cheek, and brown camo.  I am testing the waters on this first order to see how well they ship and what sort of survival I can expect. 

nice, i just watched the vid that Mayphly posted and... looks like I'm jumping on the sulawesi bandwagon ^^ . gonna be awhile though, gonna have to wait for my bday to get a rimless tank for full visual glory.  It's great to see you get these guys in Oblong, whats the setup(s) for em?

I have a couple 10 gallons tanks set up with ecocomplete substrate (since I already had it in there) and am using RO water with Salty Shrimp Sulawesi Mineral 8.5 to remineralize it.  I also have a heater and will target 82 degrees.  I tried them years ago before there was a remineralizer designed for them and didn't have any luck so I am hoping that using the Salty Shrimp makes it much easier to keep them. 

Mind if I ask which types you going to carry? I've been drooling over the spinata ever since I saw Logemann's set up. Check this out if you haven't seen it.

Oh my sooo many dancing feet, this is what makes these shrimp awesome! This makes me want to cycle a larger tank for these guys, mine should start doing great soon!

I have a couple 10 gallons tanks set up with ecocomplete substrate (since I already had it in there) and am using RO water with Salty Shrimp Sulawesi Mineral 8.5 to remineralize it.  I also have a heater and will target 82 degrees.  I tried them years ago before there was a remineralizer designed for them and didn't have any luck so I am hoping that using the Salty Shrimp makes it much easier to keep them. 

Nice, saw pics of the brown camo ^^ badass!

I did a little poking around on the web and found a blog from a sulawesi breeder/keeper.  theres even a diy on making sulawesi substrate that can also be "recharged".  its actually a current blog that gets updated, good stuff, lots of pics, worth a look =)

heres a LINK, what do you guys think about this? 

I can't wait! My fish shrimp room should be set up by the time you're ready to ship so I can have lots of room to take delivery of some of those.

Yea be careful with import, know a few people that have and they had an 80% die off Rate. Can't stress how stable they have to be, it is impossible to keep them above 80 in international shipping. They also get caught in a very remote area and are in transit a few days before. Its not impossible,but do some research there are countless stories about this. Tank bred however ship just fine they are a lot more forgiving. I had 15 imported ones and only,have 3 left after a few months. My tank bred ones never had doa. Not to discourage you I went through a lot of stuff trying to get these guys going. Been looking for harlequins forever and have yet to find some. Good luck keep us updated

-Chris

For my first order I am getting cardinals, yellow cheek, and brown camo. I am testing the waters on this first order to see how well they ship and what sort of survival I can expect.

Good idea, they get really stressed. Cover the tank and keep the lights off for 2 days helps. I've had success with 8.5, works great

-Chris

Try contacting Homeless Aquatics on Houston Fish Box forum. He imported several hundred about a year ago. Several people went in on the purchase and the DOA was very bad with certain species not making it at all. But the group did get some Very nice Sulawesi species. I think minimum number per species was 50 and total purchase was a minimum of 300(number of shrimp, not price).

I was too late when I stumbled across the thread for the group buy or I would have bought some myself.

FYI, Homeless Aquatics recently went out of business temporarily for personal reasons but I'm sure he would help out a fellow hobbiest interested in importing.

Sorry for derailing Soothing!