Amano Shrimp Larva

shouu

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Thank you for this amazing thread,hard work and all the videos you uploaded on raising amano shrimps.

I have been attempting to raise amano shrimp for about a year but always ended in failure. My best attempt was when I got the amano larvae to 25 days.

I would be most grateful if you could please share/teach me your method to raising amano shrimp?

My method is as follows:

1) 10 litre tank

2) 34 ppt salt water

3)temp 22 degrees Celsius

4) airline tube with very gentle bubbling

5) 24 hour LED light

6) lots of brown algae has grown all over the sides of the tank

Many Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2020 at 1:34 PM, shouu said:

A number of them turn into shrimplets.

Thanks for the neos in comparison. They are way tiny compared to their adult sizes. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/3/2020 at 12:48 PM, AmanoBreeder said:

I would be most grateful if you could please share/teach me your method to raising amano shrimp?

My method is as follows:

1) 10 litre tank

2) 34 ppt salt water

3)temp 22 degrees Celsius

4) airline tube with very gentle bubbling

5) 24 hour LED light

6) lots of brown algae has grown all over the sides of the tank

I also test the KH, Calcium, PH. Ammonia and Nitrate.

• 1 month later...

Kept a few (1/2 a dozen) home bred that never left the brackish water since born with Opae Ula and they live close to four Years. Didn’t have any berries shrimp..

Added some salt in the berried female tank before, can’t remember any babies hatch from the female or didn’t know the salinity either.

Here's why I ask. I was taking out some amanos from a tank on a top shelf. Looks like some crawled out of the net and fell into a bottom brackish Opae Ula tank. They've been in there for going on maybe 5 months. I saw a berried amano with my neos and wondered what would happen if I put her in my brackish tank?  

From F3 on, tank raised Amano shrimp developed like gold fish and takes time to grow to its potential color. Take about a year at least.
In the F4 video clips, there are three different color traits in there, a greenish color, yellowish and grayish color.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Curiosity and challenge or a little bit of both.

The above vid of F5 larvae was the only batch I got out of F4 Amano shrimp and they didn’t survived. They’re closed to sterile and not productive.

Here another vid of F2 larvae at a few days old. The four years old F1 Amano shrimp still hatching larvae. 

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Hello Everyone, 

Please may I have your advice. I have a 15 litre tank that I’ve moved my pregnant Amano shrimp too and just waiting for them to hatch (she’s around 5/6 weeks now). 

my question is, how do I calculate the salinity levels for my size tank? 

many thanks,

tanya 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...