CRS First Day In Shrimp Daddy Tank

mayphly

This tank I have dedicated to only using SD products.

I started off cycling a 10 gallon tank over 7 weeks ago using the Shrimp Daddy method of cycling and ADA Amazonia substrate. I used tap water for the first week of the cycle and then switched to RO after. I stuck to the regime as close as possible. OK,  I did go on a fishing trip for a few days which at that time the tank was left alone. Sorry WIlson! I have to fish. It's in my blood. lol! The tank was finished cycling on week 6. It may have been done sooner since I was told that my Revive Vita may have started to expire. Anyways today I added some crs which I had been keeping in my 12g tank. I have more crs in another 10g tank which I'll be comparing these ones to. Hopefully the SD products will The timing was perfect since my substrate in the 12g has expired. I also noticed after adding the crs that one of them was berried. Hopefully the babies will make it. Here are my current parameters

PH- 6.6 (API)

GH 6.11 (Hanna)

GH 8 (API)

TDS 150

Temp 73.4

This pic wa taken with the lights off

post-89-0-13131800-1428268251_thumb.jpg

This pic is with the lights on (lights have red in them)

post-89-0-27832600-1428268370_thumb.jpg

No one is asking the important questions.........how was the fishing trip? :)

I fish too, I'm so glad to know shrimp tanks can tolerate fishing-induced absences.

BTW, interesting to see the GH test variance, thanks for noting for us.

Glad to see you got your priorities straight!lol!! I'll be hitting Pyramid Lake in Nevada soon in search of 20lb Lahontan cutthroat trout. My record so far is 10lb on a #18 fly using a #5 weight fly rod.

It's hard to believe that at one time they got up to 60lb. Hopefully at the rate they're growing know they will be able to get that big once again.

This tank I have dedicated to only using SD products.

I started off cycling a 10 gallon tank over 7 weeks ago using the Shrimp Daddy method of cycling and ADA Amazonia substrate. I used tap water for the first week of the cycle and then switched to RO after. I stuck to the regime as close as possible. OK,  I did go on a fishing trip for a few days which at that time the tank was left alone. Sorry WIlson! I have to fish. It's in my blood. lol! The tank was finished cycling on week 6. It may have been done sooner since I was told that my Revive Vita may have started to expire. Anyways today I added some crs which I had been keeping in my 12g tank. I have more crs in another 10g tank which I'll be comparing these ones to. Hopefully the SD products will The timing was perfect since my substrate in the 12g has expired. I also noticed after adding the crs that one of them was berried. Hopefully the babies will make it. Here are my current parameters

PH- 6.6 (API)

GH 6.11 (Hanna)

GH 8 (API)

TDS 150

Temp 73.4

This pic wa taken with the lights off

attachicon.gifDSC_7140.JPG

This pic is with the lights on (lights have red in them)

attachicon.gifDSC_7096.JPG

Nice.... I waited for this test till my hair turns gray. LOL!!! Just kidding. 

Hope your shrimps will love my products and live a happy life in there. ^^

Looking forward to seeing progress with the use of SD products. Heard nothing but good things.

It's been 10 days and all is well. I have to say the water in the tank looks Crystal clear and the shrimp all look active and healthy. I'll try and get some pics up tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats great news! I meant to ask you, which Hanna product did you use to test the GH?

I have to say the water in the tank looks Crystal clear and the shrimp all look active and healthy.

This is the signature capability of Revive Vita. When there is pollutant or food for bacteria, it will bloom immediately the most of a day or two (the faster the cloudiness clear up, it demonstrate the higher the metabolism rate of the bacteria strand). After that, the water will become crystal clear. ;)

Thats great news! I meant to ask you, which Hanna product did you use to test the GH?

Hanna HI 3840 test kit

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just got back from a 5 day fishing trip and was happy to see that the berried crs had some babies in the tank. Everything is looking good. Hopefully she'll berry up again soon. :)

Fishing was great! Even caught a few! The days are never long enough.

The temp in the tank is 23c. This tank has become one of my favorites to watch mostly because of how clear the water is. The shrimp are doing their thing and appear happy in there.

• 2 months later...

Quick little update. It's been about 3 months since I started this tank dedicated to just SD products. Here's a comparison of now and then. The top pic is now. You can see the white is looking very solid and has a nice thick shell compared to the bottom shrimp. However, last month I did loose a batch of babies and 2 adults in this tank and curently there are no berried shrimp. My parameters in May were

PH- 5.9-6.0 (API)
GH 6.11 (Hanna)
GH 8 (API)
NO3 5ppm
KH 0
TDS 165
Temp 73.4

Since dosing Growth my nitrates shot up to 40ppm. I have stoppped dosing Growth in this tank. Today my TDS is at 148 and GH is at 6 (API). I haven't measured nitrates yet.

post-89-0-06512500-1435507438_thumb.jpg