Shrimp fever

metageologist

They for sure ship to the US but their shipping is $$$$$$ you could probably find the same/similar products between. Shrimptank.com , Discobee.com , and few other places and saved yourself a lot of time/$.  

They will ship shrimp also but you are taking a gamble.  Tommy is a good guy, but same shrimp can be had for similar prices and cheaper shipping without the worry of getting your order destroyed.

maybe i suggest alternative products?

breeding tubes.... there are multiple similar products out there. look for fluval shrimp tubes or generic ones

you check ebay for something similar?

breeding stones.... I ordered these a long while back and have not noticed any significance difference in having them vs not having them.  Better off with a just a large ball of moss than stones.

not trying to kill Tommy's sale but I think you can do better considering the shipping into the total price.

Again shrimpfever/Tommy is a great place and i've done business with them in the past and probably will again some day soon.

No I appreciate it a lot. I have stuff I can use I just don't want to cuz I need to sell it. I have the sudo caves and the waffle ball looking thing etc. just thought it would be cool haha.

The okazo stone though is extremely cheap.

I'll probably just go back to ebay and order some stuff from Hong Kong. There's a lot there that shipping is cheap and the products are priced well

Lots of good info. The prices they for there shrimp are the best I have seen. Around where I live were are paying $10.00 for a single low grade CRS. If I could get a few people around me to place an order as well and they will combine shipments it will become very reasonable.

Have a gniess day. -Scott

Lol you forgot to mention the LFS who suddenly,got a grade crystals. I actually like them and wanted to do a tank of them. Asked them how much the guy said well those ones are rare. 18$ a piece. He didn't say anything the horror on my face spoke enough lol.

Meta lots of guys here have great prices to that ship cheap. I've got everything from a few people here. Even had cardinals shipped during that last snow storm priority. Literally had to shovel my driveway to get to the mail box. They all lived! I've ordered from most of the people on this forum and they all have tpt ads to.

-Chris

ya i know the local stores all think those low grade shrimp are priceless. 

I will deffinalty post on here once im ready to buy but i need to give my tank more time to age.  I have found in the past i have better luck that way.

Can't the feds also charge you with illegal importing (if shrimp) and do a fine or jail time?  Or is that a myth?

They for sure ship to the US but their shipping is $$$$$$ you could probably find the same/similar products between. Shrimptank.com , Discobee.com , and few other places and saved yourself a lot of time/$.  

They will ship shrimp also but you are taking a gamble.  Tommy is a good guy, but same shrimp can be had for similar prices and cheaper shipping without the worry of getting your order destroyed.

Probably just a big fine is enough from keeping most consumers from doing it repeatedly.

Not sure what happens to the shipper. My guess all his packages get blacklisted and probably heavily scrutinized.

I ordered some supplies from them way way back first order didnt make it to me. got returned to them. not their fault.

2nd time it made it just fine but customs did ask what about the order.

aquarium supplies.  

Now that I'm importing things its interesting to see what they have issues with.  Customs kept/destroyed all the Tantora banana leaves once and opened 1 of each other type of product on that order as a random spot check. Seems they have issues with some foods sometimes.

My GlasGarten stuff sat in customs for 2 weeks before they released it.

I'd imagine if they see shrimp you are even more likely to lose them and have an issue.

i know a member on tpt had his job threatened because of shrimp. a friend of ours lived in germany at the time and she sent us shrimp from a military post. was her fault really the labled the boxes as "books". my shrimp and guppies made it fine. he got told if it ever happened again that was it. they also seized his shrimp so he never got them. 

I have sent a message asking about shipping to shrimpfever..........about shipping to colombia with litttle hope of a positive answer....but to my surprise they told me that they shipp to colombia for $100-120 depending on how many shrimps.........I am so desperate that I might give it a try....hoping for the best........It is so hard to get shrimps down here......

Yes that is expensive and I am taking a risk.....well, not me per say but the shrimps....but really there is no other way....unless I wait years to see if eventually shrimps are sold in colombia......which I have............ for 5 years and still nothing......so I will go for it...done it before with different breeder and they all made it..so far....