ctaylor3737

I have a Deep Blue 4.5G Tank

Equipment: Dual Sponge Filter, Clip On Finnex-R LED Light

Substrate: Left over Eco-Complete

Hard Scape: Driftwood Tree, Grass background

Plants: Christmas Moss, Marisela Minuta, Fissiden Fontanus

This is a very interesting tank, I will be posting pictures tonight of my tank. I started the tank 2 months ago with Blue Velvet Shrimp I had about 15 shrimp at the start. Right now I have 4 Berried shrimp and more babies than I can count in the tree. They seem to love browsing on the Fissiden Fontanus. I will have alot of babies soon as the mothers have thier young, they all seem to be healthy and thriving.

More to come with pictures!

Yea they are red, was funny my wife called me and was all flustered that there were red shrimp in the blue velvet tank. She couldnt figure out where they came from, lol Im still messing with her about it today!

Love your "tree"!

Thank you it's looking better everyday! Got my sd reader coming for my camera so I'll have better pictures soon

-Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Update! I have more babies in my blue velvet tank than I can count! They are all active and love the snowflake food that I put in. They truly love this stuff and are always grazing on the leftovers of the flakes. Ill have to post some pictures!

Also what's the white stuff is it that snow flake food because I really want more info on it thanks

Sent from my 7 Mozart using Tapatalk

There very nice shrimp are they also called blue jelly

Sent from my 7 Mozart using Tapatalk

Blue jelly aredifferent. Though I have seen people call blue velvet jelly before.

-Chris

• 1 month later...

Haven't updated in awhile. Have so many in there to count lol. I've started to cull these guys and selling off a few. Going to work on getting a better blue! Do the blue dreams come from carbons? Thought about trying to breed out the black

-Chris

In that case, let me sell you a few of my better blue splotched carbons.  I can select some that hardly have any splotches at all, and it will give you a leg up in your selective breeding project.

Haven't updated in awhile. Have so many in there to count lol. I've started to cull these guys and selling off a few. Going to work on getting a better blue! Do the blue dreams come from carbons? Thought about trying to breed out the black

-Chris

In that case, let me sell you a few of my better blue splotched carbons. I can select some that hardly have any splotches at all, and it will give you a leg up in your selective breeding project.

that would,be great. is this where the dream blues come,from?? I love the blue in these and would like to get it solid.

-Chris

• 3 months later...

Blue velvets are doing good and coloring up,nice. The tree filled in also and needs a huge trimming. Amazing it grows faster in this tiny tank,than it does in my high tech,tank.

I am wanting to get a smaller corner filter to get some extra space on that side.