What is the best Nitrate testing kit?

Other than API.  Opinions?  From what I've been reading, in shrimp Nitrates are more dangerous than Nitrites.

Does that dot thing work okay?  http://www.seachem.com/Products/product_pages/AmmoniaAlert.html

Should I stick with a liquid test?  If so, which do you recommend as easy to use and accurate?

I am currently using Sera's nitrate test and I like it better than API.  If you don't shake the API bottle sufficiently, you skew the results of the current test as well as every test after that since the reagents in the bottle are no longer in the correct proportions.  Sera test keeps the regents separate so even if you put too much of one in a test, it won't affect the next test.

That being said, I will try the Salifert nitrate test when my Sera test runs out.  I have read a lot of great things about this test.  There  is a good thread (The Nitrate Test From Heaven) on SKF about it but I don't know if it is OK to post links to other forums.  

First, I don't want any indicator type things in my shrimp tank. who knows what's of chemical would leak to the water column.

I think API is good enough, as you follow the instruction. result is pretty accurate.

Hanna has this one which is very good:

http://shop.hannainst.com/hi96728-nitrate-portable-photometer.html?ProdCode=HI%252096728&id=028012

but I'm waiting for cheaper version for a while now:

hanna-checker-colorimeter.jpg

Another reason why nitrate matters.

because in well cycled tank, NH3/NH4 and nitrite should be 0ppm. so no need to test unless during cycling period.