Chris's Fish Room- Basement Remodel

ctaylor3737

Man there is 3-4 good deals n large tanks. Everyone is unloading them after the winter. Tried to get a 240 but wanted to much. 150 was my last large on I think. Will be an awesome discus tank.

-Chris

Ya crap happens. We were going to replace it but not for one more year. On a shrimp related note did you know the Jamesville store imports his shrimp from Asia. He plans on making another order in the next few week's.

Have a gniess day. -Scott

Yea he does, usually has some cool stuff when he does. Always high grade and I think 6$ is the highest,I've seen him sell for. He only,does it every once in awhile. I stop out once a week his hikari frozen food is $3. Abc wants 8$ for same thing lol. I always bug him about,shrimp.

-Chris

Ya he said you ask him about shrimp. I wonder if he would be willing to share his list so we could special order some of the others he normally doesn't get in.

Have a gniess day. -Scott

A 150 gallon is my dream tank, I have a thing for needle nose gar and want a school of them badly

Chris

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Watch craigslist bro, it's that time of year. I missed a free 240g by literally 10 mins after it posted. Full setup guy got divorced and needed it gone that day. Was soooo mad. I would love to do a full tank across my basement wall. Not sure I'm quite up for that challenges though. Maybe in 10 years.

-Chris

well then I would need to find a place to put it in this small apartment, and the $ to stock it. Sigh... the stresses of a recent graduate newlywed.

But like my dad always says, "patience, it will come". I'm just happy, thankful, and satisfied we found the funds to get the 15 gallon somewhat up. At some point I'll get the gar school and will enjoy at just that much more.

Chris

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Have some questions on central air. Does the loop need to be a big square? Does that mean you should have dead ends so to speak. Meaning is I run around the ceiling could I run pvc down to the rack? I would rather see one pvc pipe the a bunch of tapped airlines. Everyone seems to just run them down. Probably a dumb question but just wondering.

I decided to go with the Alita-60. Ordering it after the NYC trip. Put the boxes in for,the lights today. Plan on putting the ceiling up next weekend. Then finishing. Then I can paint!!!!

Then guess what??????

I can move my tanks down! Still a lot of work to do but the light is getting closer in the tunnel.

-Chris

Also does anyone have suggestions for an Americal sump? I got,one for a Steal the other day. 10$! Lol it is one of the wet/dry systems. Thinking of going SW on my 55g. Figured this would work great. Question is on the return pump. Any ideas or suggestions?

Also plan on using a sump on my 150 I just got. Will need to be looking also foe that.

-Chris

I have an Alita 60 and love it.  Like I said, it's loud- but put the load on and it will quiet instantly.

A manifold is just a long tube.  No reason in my mind why you would have to have a loop.  Many people do that to run it around the perimeter of the fish room so they can tap into it at any time, that's all.  No biggie.

Oh, and when I put my pvc together for my side of the rack, I didn't use any glue,and it holds tight just fine.  No blow out.  I *did* use a rubber mallet to make sure it was in tight, but wanted to be able to disassemble if later if I needed to make an mods or just take it down.

Watch craigslist bro, it's that time of year. I missed a free 240g by literally 10 mins after it posted. Full setup guy got divorced and needed it gone that day. Was soooo mad. I would love to do a full tank across my basement wall. Not sure I'm quite up for that challenges though. Maybe in 10 years.

-Chris

Hey, Was checking craigslist like suggested. I ended up picking up a 60 Gallon for free off the side of the road. Or at least I think its 60 gallons, I estimated side lengths but haven't had time to really measure it. The plastic center support is broken, but I think it is easily fixable, and at most I'll just have to buy a new top frame. I probably wont stock it or set-it up for awhile, but I have the storage room so why not grab it when I can. 

Hey, Was checking craigslist like suggested. I ended up picking up a 60 Gallon for free off the side of the road. Or at least I think its 60 gallons, I estimated side lengths but haven't had time to really measure it. The plastic center support is broken, but I think it is easily fixable, and at most I'll just have to buy a new top frame. I probably wont stock it or set-it up for awhile, but I have the storage room so why not grab it when I can.

That's what I do man, it also helps to post an ad saying you'll take used and unwanted tanks. Be surprised how many free, or dirt cheap tanks you can get. My buddy just got a 150 for 40$. Most just need cleaned and a little tlc and they are like new again.

-Chris

Dude, nice find on those tanks.

Gotta love craigslist!

How's the room itself coming along?

Coming good man, should have some more updates soon. I have it all cleaned up and need to touch up a few spots on the drywall. Should be able to paint part of it this weekend so I should be able to setup a rack down there. Got some family coming in so who knows if I will get to it or not, I am glad I got my ADA Soil so I can start a few Taiwan Bee tanks for breeding projects.

Since I don't have an update this week I'll show you guys my current fish room where most my tanks are. Have a few hid downstairs to lol.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

-Chris

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

As you can tell I have a 2 year old who loves sponge Bob. He enjoys them so they are part of my scape.

-Chris

And there's some micro chains, and dwarf sag. Be surprised I don't run co2 in there. Tank went dry about a month ago I'm guessing. Forgot about it until today, it's been doing great though. Got the biggest sword I have seen in the back.

-Chris