Green Jade neocaridina comes from which strain?

Hi,

To all those breeders who got the green strain. Could you kindly post your tank colors that produce this strain please? To be fair, if your selling this strain in a particular country you could post here too. I am from Malaysia and shipping this strain over is just not possible and i would really like to try my hands in keeping some or even try to get this color Not for sale but purely as a hobby. So any help would be appreciated.

Thanks a bunch

Just to share i have a strain of black neos and blue diamonds. Some tigers and malayas.

My blues actually gave out an odd snowball around its 3rd generation, a few chocolates (since blues came from the chocolate strain) Blacks they seem to breed true atm tho some have a bluish tinge.

Right now from what I've seen, Golden shrimp with golden back and blue velvets will throw out the green color. For Caridina, the only "green" one is the Green Hulk which is still very unstable since they will revert back to a black King Kong if the tank parameter is optimal.

Hi soothing shrimp, great to hear from you. Ah so the line still unstable.

However I found a Taiwan company website that seems to have 3 grades --> c-sky.com.tw not sure if their stock breeds true. Anyways would like to do some experimentation tho i understand I'm in for a very long process.

Thank you soothing shrimp. :)

Yeah there were posts about food changing the colors of yellows to green but no one stated which brand of food. They said the green reverted back to yellow over time. Interesting that the babies thrown would be green. Did the babies grow up staying green or did they revert? Also what kinda green were they if you dont mind me asking?

Reeper, the food doesn't change DNA, only adds muck to natural color.  Like if humans were to eat a lot of carrots or tomatoes their skin turns orangish, but stop eating so many carrots and tomatoes the skin reverts back to normal color. (condition names are carotenemia and lycopenemia).

In the case of neos, I found astaxanthin causes color problems in neos, but eliminate the astaxanthin and the colors go back to normal...eventually. 

I think a lot of people initially get excited over green appearing in neos, when actually it is the food fed.  Green is only a stop between colors for yellow.  Too much of that food and the yellows will eventually go brown.

Interesting and coincidentally i actually was just started out with some glasgarten food this week . And i notice my black neo shrimps having less opaque coloration. Thought it might have been lighting or maybe stress factors. But wasnt sure fully till u said it cld take up within first week

Sorry for the crappy pic but mine arent full black rose neos they do have a slight bluish tinge bt as u can see in the pic the coloration is quite distinct. They looked more black before.

I wonder if astax was made just for the red coloration of shrimps in the first place as the carotenoid is red. Plus it was red for both cherries and bees that were the first colors no?

• 2 weeks later...