Adding weekend auctions???

So the addon that is available doesn't look like it supports "auctions".  There was one I was looking at yesterday but that app was never finalized due to lack of funding (he needed 2-3k more to finish it).  The popular addon right now is the Classifieds addon which is here http://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/4037-classifieds/?st=100#commentsStart and is the one I mentioned that was $35.  It would allow people to sell things but doesn't look like it allows for bidding, just setting prices. 

Here is an example of a board that appears to be using this addon.  It would be nicer than what we have now since you can show pictures with the title and create categories more easily.  Eventually

There is also this app that I just found called ezClassifieds.  It doesn't look like it is a true addon though and more of a side program that would be outside the direct forum.  I just found it and am still looking at it but if anyone has any time to look into it more I would really appreciate it!

The first option looks cleaner and more streamlined... however it doesn't even allow comments on the ad... unless that site just has them off

Looking over ezClassifieds it could use some cleaning up as it is basic. But seems like it could work well

The first one (classifieds) does have a section for "public questions" where it looks like members can ask questions. 

• 2 weeks later...

I will try and get to it this weekend.  I have been slammed at work the last few days (worked till midnight last night and then got back in at 8 this morning).  My wife is out of town this weekend so hopefully I won't have to work and I can play around with getting that app set up.

ok you guys will see a new tab called "MarketPlace" up at the top now.  I have installed the thing but I am still trying to play around with it.  Feel free to play around if you are able, I am not currently able to create anything for sale though for some reason though. 

Ya I don't have permissions to post offers either....it must be some setting that I am missing.  I have a question in to the developer so we will see what happens. 

The purchase comments I believe are the feedback. 

Auctions will be added in the next version according to the developer

ok you guys should be able to add offers now....play around with it and see what you think.  Feel free to purchase the test products and see how it works.

I think that the "Marketplace" Subforum can eventually be dedicated to WTB / Raok while the new app can be the focus for FS items

Anyway to have the ads expire after a certain amount of time? (say 1-2 months) - I think that'd keep the list at a good length and the sellers probably won't mind reposting once a month lol

ya right now the ads expire after 2 weeks but there is probably a setting to change that.  Additionally it looks like there is a button that says renew that you can just click to keep your ad going after that. 

May I suggest that water conditioners won't need their own category, but perhaps replace that with Misc or Other?

Also, what is the rule on trades?  Can anything be used for trades to obtain aquatics?  (Ie. games, mom's home baked cookies) or just Aquatic related trades?  I don't think I've ever seen an aquatics forum allow non aquatics things to obtain trades, but that could be a unique opening for us?  Just brainstorming here.  Feel free to agree/disagree.

For now I don't see any problem with offering non-aquatics items to obtain aquatic ones. 

I will make a new thread to ask about category suggestions.

You guys are able to post offers too right?  I haven't seen any yet so I wanted to see if anyone else has tried.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes that should be sold....looks like a typo of the developer.  He is overseas so English is not his first language.