Killi Fish

ctaylor3737

I have gotten my first Killifish Recently and I am having fun watching them swim around the tank. Been doing some research on them and everyone says to use a breeding mop to get them to lay thier eggs in. Does anyone have any suggestions for this as to what is the best one to use? And if anyone has any tips on the right setup to hatch the eggs in would be awesome to. Figured this would be a good place to chat about them!

Well I recommend sinking mops, live worms get mine to throw tons of eggs, I haven't started picking them out yet, but you can get fry without interfering

My issue is the eggs fungusing, if that happens soften the water some with peat moss. Mine were really happy with the addition of black water extract

What type did you get

I made a mop tonight I thing the female is about to spawn she looks like she's plunping up.

Just the gardeneri got them at the auction cheap. I'll have to try the Blackwater. Right now in RO and remineralizer.

-Chris

I personally would move the mop to a bare bottom tank 5 to 10 gallons if you need any tanks let me know I have a couple empty 20 longs and a 2.5 you could barrow.

Have a gniess day. -Scott

what kind of killi do you have? congrats on the eggs and i wish you luck on fry. you might try micro worms or powdered food for the fry they will be super tiney

Gardneri, they we're from that auction a week or so ago.

-Chris

I have gotten mixed answers but some say a week and some say 2 weeks. I am going to shoot for a few days lol. I put them in a tank alone with some antifungal and see how they do. Replaced the mop again to see if they will spawn again. Someoneon told me they can have eggs daily to every week. Time will tell with these guys, will be feeding some brine probably when they hatch!