Looking for some High grade Crystal red Shrimp

shrimpman

Blue Crown sell MK Breed PRL for $40 each but they will not guarantee a pair. And then you would have to add shipping cost. You might be able to get a pair of Ellen Wang E3 from Joes Aqua I think they are $30 each.

Blue Crown sell MK Breed PRL for $40 each but they will not guarantee a pair. And then you would have to add shipping cost. You might be able to get a pair of Ellen Wang E3 from Joes Aqua I think they are $30 each.

It's not SSS in either cases.

True SSS PRL will cost you hundreds each. 

Yeap, that's about correct.

Everybody is talking about PRL but what about really high quality no name brand CRS.  I always like to shop generic =D.

Compare to high quality PRL, high quality regular CRS is low quality.

If you can show me the no brand CRS, I can point out the flaw for you.

I use to sell my CRS for $7 each and they were pretty high quality whites. many thought they were med grade prl quality.

This is good sample regarding quality.

I'd say $7 is on the high end for quality white CRS.  I did not sell by pattern, all were the same price. I only sold by quality of whites.

anybody who charges more for different CRS patterns is playing games with your $.  white is the most important.

for years USA was so caught up in grade based prices....solid white is the most important thing to look for.

Compare to high quality PRL, high quality regular CRS is low quality.

If you can show me the no brand CRS, I can point out the flaw for you.

I think we will have to agree to disagree.  I have seen some pictures of people who sell PRL (granted I don't see any name next to them just labeled as PRL) and I am not that excited by the way they look.

I think we will have to agree to disagree.  I have seen some pictures of people who sell PRL (granted I don't see any name next to them just labeled as PRL) and I am not that excited by the way they look.

PRL is all about blood line, nothing to do with quality.

But true high end PRL is amazing. you can't find any regular CRS near it's quality in any aspect.

post-231-0-47680600-1432681100_thumb.jpg

I'd say $7 is on the high end for quality white CRS.  I did not sell by pattern, all were the same price. I only sold by quality of whites.

anybody who charges more for different CRS patterns is playing games with your $.  white is the most important.

for years USA was so caught up in grade based prices....solid white is the most important thing to look for.

Eric, I have to disagree.

The value of high quality PRL is about two parts.

Coloration and Pattern.

We all understand the important of coloration.

so I only talk about pattern. it's about the ratio of offspring. mostly offsping is end up to SS range, only few SSS. so SSS is rare which has higher price tag. if both has same quality on coloration.

It's nothing to do with USA. people values the shrimp same way (coloration/pattern) in Asia.

I definitely agree with what you are saying about white being the most important thing, but I still see (and do myself) list ads using the pattern/rating system.  I mainly do this because not that many people (unless you're really into shrimp) understand the difference.  To me, (in the mind of a beginning shrimp keeper) it could almost sound more like a "con" the other way if someone is saying to ignore the pattern and to look at how good this white is on an "S" patterned shrimp.  Now, advanced shrimp keepers here know that the best looking are going to be those with the whitest white, but trying to get buyers (non-educated?) to accept that and purchase is still an uphill battle.  I find that if I want to move some shrimps, the "standard" that a majority of the buyers understand is the pattern based one.  I'm not trying to pull a fast one on the buyer, I just want a common language that they understand and are more apt to make a purchase.  I don't know what moves the needle to get people on to the "best white" side - I wish I did.  Anyway, just some thoughts on the matter.

I use this photo to show why pattern matters.

this in one thing about the good CRS shrimp with "big tooth" in the middle abdomen. it only shows best with hino/no-entry or mosura pattern.

with S grade pattern as show below, it's not looking as nice as SS/SSS shrimp.

post-231-0-36210800-1432682570_thumb.jpg

now this is SSS shrimp, which one looks better?

post-231-0-71148000-1432682965_thumb.jpg

I use this photo to show why pattern matters.

this in one thing about the good CRS shrimp with "big tooth" in the middle abdomen. it only shows best with hino/no-entry or mosura pattern.

with S grade pattern as show below, it's not looking as nice as SS/SSS shrimp.

attachicon.gif1003723_10151618964733198_1706074930_n.jpg

now this is SSS shrimp, which one looks better?

attachicon.gif050910797upx18721vdlpz.jpg

So let me make sure I understand what you are saying. I cannot get a high quality CRS without it being a name brand crs? Are there no CRS out there that have these nice coloration outside paying $50-$60 minimum for xxx's prl crs?

If this is the case, what is the best looking crs I can get outside of xxx's prl?

So let me make sure I understand what you are saying. I cannot get a high quality CRS without it being a name brand crs? Are there no CRS out there that have these nice coloration outside paying $50-$60 minimum for xxx's prl crs?

If this is the case, what is the best looking crs I can get outside of xxx's prl?

To be honest, the quality of no brand CRS is all over the place.

It totally depends the breeder.

In general the brand PRL has better quality because it's the results of years of selective breeding in Asia.

I don't think any US based breeder can match that at this moment.

for the best of two worlds, you can get PRL offspring from reputed seller. normally it's half of the price as imported brand PRL.

James is 100% on point with this. I agree with everything he's said. 

there are a number of people in the USA with high grade PRL that were sourced from a name brand. 

should be plenty of babies out there if you are willing to pay.  

Steve Barbee, James, and a couple others have them just dont typically advertise since the market for high grade prl buyers is about a small handful of people.