Looking for some High grade Crystal red Shrimp

shrimpman

In other parts of the world, opaqueness of coloration has a grading system.  We just haven't caught on totally yet in the US.

We do.

A grade, S grade, and beyond.

Same grading as in Asia.

In the US we have been using that for markings though, James, with little attention to opaqueness of white or red.  For example, how often have we seen SS mean Hinomaru, or SSS mean Mosura?  Yet both displayed poor white coloration?  

Somehow in the USA, S, SS, SSS has been bastardized to become tied to pattern instead of opaqueness. 

Originally, S was separate from markings.  You could have a grade A Hinomaru for instance, yet when was the last time you saw that advertised?  Heck, look at grading charts on the web and many of those are even confused on the system.

...I don't know anymore...maybe this has been adapted to the new way.  A specific grade equals a pattern.  I remember when Silane came up with SSSS for his almost all white shrimp.

I miss the opaque grading system though...

Has anyone gotten prl from Soshrimp? I know they're not super high quality as far as whiteness goes but they are affordable and I like the no-entry pattern.

In the US we have been using that for markings though, James, with little attention to opaqueness of white or red.  For example, how often have we seen SS mean Hinomaru, or SSS mean Mosura?  Yet both displayed poor white coloration?  

Somehow in the USA, S, SS, SSS has been bastardized to become tied to pattern instead of opaqueness. 

Originally, S was separate from markings.  You could have a grade A Hinomaru for instance, yet when was the last time you saw that advertised?  Heck, look at grading charts on the web and many of those are even confused on the system.

...I don't know anymore...maybe this has been adapted to the new way.  A specific grade equals a pattern.  I remember when Silane came up with SSSS for his almost all white shrimp.

I miss the opaque grading system though...

A grade and S grade is just for coloration of white.

beyond S grade, then it's breeder's own grading like E-1, E-2, E-3, E-4. and competitive grade.

lots of Taiwan breeder I knew have their own grading based on opague ( coloration of white), and more. like color coverage of leg. pattern. 

So in conclusion.

for regular CRS, people still use the old grading system. pattern is only thing in count.

but for PRL, this is based on coloration, red/white coverage of leg, pattern. etc.

Has anyone gotten prl from Soshrimp? I know they're not super high quality as far as whiteness goes but they are affordable and I like the no-entry pattern.

Now a days, even the imported PRL is affordable. from MK, Ellen.

Like A grade MK-Breed PRL and E-3 PRL from Ellen Wang.

Are the imported ones better? The lower grade doesn't have the pattern I'm looking for though.

If money is an issue then you would have to pick which attributes are more important to you. Are you looking for thick shell with slolid whites and reds, or are you more interested in the high end patterns? If you were more interested in the quality of the color purchasing some Ellen or MK PRL would be reasonable. If you wanted a specific pattern and were not concerned with solid whites and reds then you could get any old CRS with the pattern you want.  If you want both solid colors and a high end pattern (mostly white) then you will pay big.

Are the imported ones better? The lower grade doesn't have the pattern I'm looking for though.

You can seletive breed to get the pattern you like.

I have couple mosura from S grade parents.