Breather bag updates

treefisher

Some of you guys might like to hear that I got a message from Kordon, and they are looking into making the 4x8 size bags again. Fingers crossed!

You might remember my post(s) (in the thread linked below) about my not-so-great experiences with LongLife breather bags. In summary, they kept splitting on me in the mail. The seller (MVP from aquabid) was awesome about it. He took the time to test 10-20 randomly selected bags from his stock, and sent me a video of the tests/results. Overall, the bags he tested proved to be durable, and fit for shipping.

I returned my LongLife bags; he tested them, and they failed. It turns out that I'm not entirely crazy, and it appears that I just got a defective batch of bags. I'm still a little uneasy about using these bags again, but I went ahead and ordered 25 more anyway. They should work this time, but I still prefer the smaller Kordons if given a choice. Hopefully I'll have that option again soon.

http://www.shrimpspot.com/index.php?/topic/3091-other-breather-bag-options/page-2

That would be great news! I wrote a post asking our members to write Kordon about keeping the 4x8" bag. Hopefully they received enough messages to reconsider.

That would be great news! I wrote a post asking our members to write Kordon about keeping the 4x8" bag. Hopefully they received enough messages to reconsider.

I'm pretty sure you were the one that inspired me to contact Kordon,. Maybe they sent you a reply too? Check your spam.

I like smaller kordons as well- as long as they have a high quality control and don't leak.

MVP is also my source.  He has always treated me well.

I've had good experinces with Aqpkg too, but MVP certainly scored some points with me this time.

Unfortunately, Kordon never did respond to my email. Glad someone got through though.