Next Dollar per gallon sale?

Roborep1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Their basic sale is for 10G., 20H G., 40H G. This should have NOT happened!

The 5.5G. is not included &  is the 15G. either. It is $38.99 retail as I bought one last year here on the west coast. So what did U get the 16B for??? Its a nice tank indeed...

Dollar per gallon sale running right now at Petco in Oregon.

Can anyone in another locale confirm if this is not just a local sale? 

• 2 months later...

Petco in Maplewood MN (plaza 3000) has lost their lease and is selling everything. Need to go back and check their modular aquarium sections. Apparently a 6 aquarium section is 400$. The 9 for 300$ has already sold.

UPDATE: I went and looked and it looks like 3 30 gal long tanks divided in the middle in a cabinet (apparently new as of 3-4 months ago). They are drilled and would depend on some large solution for filtering or to have other filters installed.

They had an older pair of these for 500$.

Looking at a 10 gal starter with low grade filter/light/heater/etc for less than 50$ at petsmart I'm not thinking these are a deal unless you already have industrial filtering set up. Maybe if you were opening your own shop.

post-3374-0-62867500-1455848127_thumb.jp

• 1 month later...

Local ad (Ohio), show's 10/20H/20L/29/40/55 Aqueon all at $1 per gallon.  Your right they never have smaller at that price, but are sometimes on sale.  It's still better to divide tank in sections for the money.

I know that Petsmart also has a  Aqueon dollar per gallon sale, though I'm not sure how frequently. I think the last one was at the beginning of the year? On their website, you can also buy the tanks online during the sale, then pick them up in store. I think they only include 10s, 20 longs, and 40 breeders on their website. Sometimes they offer a 10% off promotion for online orders that require store pickup. I'm sure you could probably combine that with electronic discounted giftcards from sites like Raise or Cardpool to further the savings.

also check the chain.. PET SUPPLIES PLUS>.   they sell aqueon..  check store locator to see if they are near you.. 

i really like the prices of their small tanks.. 

Aqueon Aquarium, Black, 10 Gallon $12.98

Aqueon Aquarium, Black, 2.5 Gallons $9.98

Aqueon Aquarium, Black, 5.5 Gallons $10.98

My area (WA) also sells 40B and 20L at $1 per gallon.

http://petco.shoplocal.com/petco/weeklyad?action=nuep&adref=utilityhdr&storeid=2602770#!/categorylistings?storeid=2602770&languageid=1&cattreeid=569048
Maybe you can show them this link/webpage that is from their site and they may honor it. (but ads sometimes do say, "varies by store". Still a manager may go ahead and give it to you at that price.)

I was going to post that the MN petco started their 1$/gal sale but it looks like I'm late in bringing that news.

So I got another 55 gal. They had no stand so I went to petsmart to check theirs and found them selling 60 gal tanks with lighted hood and stand for 199$. It was a little over 100 for the 55 and glass covers..

Petsmart has a light sale on some HOB filters and heaters. So I got a hob and heater there. I think I will make the hood myself and see how that works (disco fish!).

May make the stand out of 4x4s and 1" plywood.

This should keep me going until it is time to make really bad financial decisions at the Petsmart Black Friday sale in Nov.

I got 6 40g breeders the last petco sale as well.  I have never seen them carry any 40g tank other than the breeder.

11 hours ago, OblongShrimp said:

I got 6 40g breeders the last petco sale as well.  I have never seen them carry any 40g tank other than the breeder.

that is Correct.. never seen any other 40 gallon tank.. at petsmart/petco.. other then Breeders

I received this notice from Petco 9 days ago. The $1 per gallon sale will last until May 7 NATIONWIDE, so all of us in every state (excluding AK and HI) have plenty of time to get the tanks we need! :jig:

One of my friends who works at one of the stores did remind me that it is $1 per gallon only with Pals Rewards, so anyone who wants a dollar per gallon has to sign up for it or pay full price. 

Start a new hobby or upgrade your pet's space. The Dollar Per Gallon event is the best time to upgrade your aquarium or create a new habitat for your reptile. Find  your store.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...