LED Strip Lighting

You can make double strips yea you Def need to make more light strips to get the amount your looking for. Should,be able to tinker with mine finally. Been trying to finish my basement, wish I had more time off. 2-3 solid days and would be done. If only, if only

-Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Any update on these lights?  how do they were for shelving lights?

I wanted to use them so I didn't have to clean much of the silicone off and then try to saunter it

-Chris

Amazon has some 10w bright led small fixtures that are pretty cheap and you could do 2 per tank or 4 on one level of a hd rack and should do great for shrimp tanks and low light plants

Thanks.  I checked it out, and found this comment helpful:

"I'm going to estimate the light output to be about 400 lumens. I base this claim by comparing this lamp, which I installed in my tool trailer, to the Phillips 10.5 watt (60 watt equivalent) A19 (regular base) LED light bulbs that I bought from Home Depot and also installed in my trailer. The Phillips LED bulb claims to put out 800 lumens, and this light from Amazon appears to put out about HALF as much light. At $11 each, the Phillips LED bulbs are a very good value (I bought 8 of them, for a start) whereas this generic non-branded LED fixture is a "decent" value. The main benefit of this LED fixture is the compact size. The main drawback is the fact that the wiring isn't complete... you need to either mount the fixture in an electrical box or install a 3-prong power cord (my approach) to connect the fixture to an outlet. "

I also thought this was interesting: http://www.amazon.com/Remote-Control-Waterproof-Flood-Different/dp/B005KYOE2Q/ref=pd_sim_hi_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=147ZF1FXMTVRB2T4QYH3

Hi Soothing,

That is something i like to try. Thanks for the link

• 2 weeks later...

Well finally almost to building my rack. Picked up some stainless casing today that I plan to use. Should have more updates soon. Sorry so long basement took longer than I thought. Love how it turned out so far I'm impressed lol.

Looking good. One question though is it just me or are those lights realy blue.

Yea they are blue, they have the daylight ones now that are more,yellow. Depends on what you like, I don't mind the blue

It's actually not too,bad on the tanks. I would suggest going with the natural daylight,one. Maybe I'll swap it out, works good for now. Only using those as grow out tanks for fry. Shrimps are on the top,and other rack

• 2 weeks later...

I have finally gotten the strip light going. The best advise is If your sticking the light to wood to use high strength velcro. Had issues with the light strip falling down in a day. Been 2 days and still holding up!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Great suggestion. I may use cable ties for low cost.

I tried to but I stuck mine directly to the wood. Got my velcro for $2 at wal mart craft section. Its cheaper in that aisle lol. The hardware one is more exp.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk