my new fish (new pics 5-14-14)

wicca32

just about anything ive seen them with all kinds of fish and parameters. here is a link to planet catfish with info

http://www.planetcatfish.com/common/species.php?species_id=49

i googled and it says 

temp 74-79° F,

KH 6-10,

pH 6.5-7.4

about the only think i have not seen them in a tank with was african cichlids. i had mine in temp of about 70 when i was in ky and the only thing i noticed was it took the eggs a little over a week to hatch due to temp being low but they did hatch and some lived. it was also the first time i had babies from them so might just have been new parents

yes they do. a friend of mine specializes in more rare plecos and cories. he does pretty great with them too. most of the more rare ones need warmer water and more protein so i tend to stay away from those as i keep more neutral water when it comes to temp and what not

just about anything ive seen them with all kinds of fish and parameters. here is a link to planet catfish with info

http://www.planetcatfish.com/common/species.php?species_id=49

i googled and it says

temp74-79° F,

KH 6-10,

pH 6.5-7.4

about the only think i have not seen them in a tank with was african cichlids. i had mine in temp of about 70 when i was in ky and the only thing i noticed was it took the eggs a little over a week to hatch due to temp being low but they did hatch and some lived. it was also the first time i had babies from them so might just have been new parents

I've seen the common plecos large ones kept with Africans I,wouldn't advise it though lol.

-Chris

Wicca,

I remember when Miami had a freak long lasting cold spell some years ago .  Think it was Jan .  You would see floating common plecos in most canals and one person found a large gold nugget pleco in a golf course pond not far from here .  , They common plecos have rebounded in the last few years but the nugget was the only unusual pleco I have ever seen in any body of water here.