Fissidens Fontanus DSM

Hungle64

I want to start my 30 gallon Shrimp tank. I kind of want to use the following:

1 Fissidens Fontanus on Lava Rocks and Driftwood.

2. Mini Pellia for foreground

3. Stargrass bushes and Lace Java Fern here and there.

4. Background consists of Ludwigia repens and Golden Lloydiella.

I am trying to attach fissidens on rocks and driftwood by DSM. It had been 7 days since started and i just filled up with water.

post-156-0-11583700-1399871309_thumb.jpg

post-156-0-71451400-1399871481_thumb.jpg

post-156-0-26256700-1399871492_thumb.jpg

post-156-0-98820000-1399871502_thumb.jpg

post-156-0-74805300-1399871510_thumb.jpg

Doing DSM don't you wait foe it to fill in some before flooding the tank?

btw love that wood

Don't know i should wait a little longer. Wait 3 days then i can tell you.

I do it slightly different than others. All of the rocks and Driftwood are in a temporary tank until fissidens fill in a little bit.

will the DSM work on fissideas attaching to stainless Steel mesh? If So, what Is your method? I will soon be attempting it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Fissidens look good will fill in nice!

-Chris

Thank you for sell me those Fissidens, may have to get more from you at later time. Still have some?

will the DSM work on fissideas attaching to stainless Steel mesh? If So, what Is your method? I will soon be attempting it.

Why do you want to attach to steel mesh? If it is carpet you can apply directly on substrate. I am more than happy to tell you how i do it, but want to know if it would work for your case.

Yea if I Could just attach It straight to the substrate I would. I would do some Ss mesh in the places I am unsure I want it there permently. But mostly to the substrate

Yea if I Could just attach It straight to the substrate I would. I would do some Ss mesh in the places I am unsure I want it there permently. But mostly to the substrate

Ok ! Many people do it many different ways. You could try this way

1 Setup the tank with substrate.

2.Moist the substrate and compact it down ( Using spray bottle with ro water/ give it generous amount when you spray)'

3. Some part where you don't want it permanent there then leave steel mess on top of substrate.

4. (This part is many different ways of doing it. I think it the matter of which one is easier for the individual).

Chop up the fissidens into very fine pieces. Try not to compact it toghether. I leave fissidens out so it a little dry before chop it up is a little better to handle. The 

fissidens you put on steel mesh leave them a little longer.

5. I use a spoon to spread fissidens to where ever i want them. Then mist the whole thing with water again.

6. Cover the top with plastic wrap. make couple holes in plastic wrap about midde of tank. I set two pieces of glass on top with a gap where i made holes. Set light on top of tank for 10 hours/day.

*******The most important thing is make sure humidity is in there. You should see the tank fogging up with water kind of dripping down inside. You can mist is once a day only if you don't have enough humidity inside the tank. Open up only slowing down the process.

You see how much growth on my rocks after 7 days. Also leave the steel mesh there for more fill in before handle them.

I hope this would help you.