"Betta Spa" Catappa extract

snowpetals

Although this says it's specifically for bettas, I gave it a try for my shrimp for a natural solution to lower my pH.

The first ingredient is Terminalia Catappa extract and it comes in a 125 ml bottle. It only takes less than 5 ml to lower my pH safely and quickly. And it does not noticeably color my water.Nor does  It does not effect my gh or kh.

It has a measurement cup that you squeeze  the liquid into at the top of the bottle.

It's only $3.55 on Ken's.

Wish they would sell slightly bigger bottles, because I really like it, and my inverts seem to as well. 

post-131-0-19648600-1400008546.jpg

As an alternate solution you can make your own tea with high grade ial alder comes and various drift woods. Boil the crap out of them and then bingo you have instant tannin stained ph lowering antibacterial and fungal tea. For any type of tank.m

you don't even need high grade leaves.  The only difference between the grades (at least the ones I sell) are the low grade ones have small holes or maybe a small tear.  If they are just being brewed it doesn't matter.  Heck your shrimp won't care either ;)

The difference I notice between high grade and low grade if you boil beach in a cup of water he high grade releases more tannins.

I love those type of buytle it makes easy for dosing fertalizers as well

Intriguing product and tea ideas.

Do you lower the pH over a few days, and then does it stay that way long? Does it need a "maintenance" dose after you've gotten it lower?