Lowering pH

Say I wanted to lower my pH levels in a tank without active substrate to house some Caradina's temporarily.  What would be a safe way to do this?  There is nothing in the tank now except for some leaves and plants.  I am using RO water, but after remineralization the pH is 7.5+.  I have CRS in a sister tank (no active substrate and the same pH levels and they seem fine, are other Caradina's more sensitive to parameters?)

I am waiting for another tank to cycle that has active substrate.

Say I wanted to lower my pH levels in a tank without active substrate to house some Caradina's temporarily.  What would be a safe way to do this?  There is nothing in the tank now except for some leaves and plants.  I am using RO water, but after remineralization the pH is 7.5+.  I have CRS in a sister tank (no active substrate and the same pH levels and they seem fine, are other Caradina's more sensitive to parameters?)

I am waiting for another tank to cycle that has active substrate.

That does not sound right. What remineraliser are you using? SS GH+?

It is better you use the water from the existing tank, then you don't need to buffer it. Or else, use peat filter media will be the best bet. Just 1 to 3 tablespoon is enough to buffer 15G of water.

I'm using Salty Shrimp Gh+  I also put some Bacter AE in it.  I was surprised to see my pH rise as well.  Does remineralizing increase pH? My RO water comes out at 0ppm and a pH of exactly 7.  I'm starting to wonder about the Seiryu Stone I have in the tank...

I'm also using sponge filter so would peat be the best thing if I'm not using a canister?