I'm trying to learn about Cherry shrimp.  I sold some of my more red colored to them a while ago, and they want more. They keep asking and praising their color etc.  I thought I would invest in some high grade and breed for them.  But I have a couple questions.

1) Are all going to breed and fade and get that faded stripe on their backs eventually?  I read somewhere that there are actually two types of cherries and depending on which you had they would show the faded stripe after a generation or two.

2) Actually that's my only ? Except for asking for recommendations on where to purchase the best breeding stock.  But I figure maybe others would have more ?'s I haven't thought of yet.

1, Yes, culling is the key

2, Purchase high grade to start the colony, and keep culling

As James said unfortunately you have to cull quite a bit to keep top notch or high quality Painted Fire Red Shrimp. PFR are hard to come by as hobbyists have a general conception of the grading guidelines, but its all subjective to their view. So attempt to buy as high a grade as possible, I recommend looking and asking on this forum before purchasing anywhere else.

I posted on your other thread on where my suggestion was to purchase.

I'm trying to learn about Cherry shrimp.  I sold some of my more red colored to them a while ago, and they want more. They keep asking and praising their color etc.  I thought I would invest in some high grade and breed for them.  But I have a couple questions.

1) Are all going to breed and fade and get that faded stripe on their backs eventually?  I read somewhere that there are actually two types of cherries and depending on which you had they would show the faded stripe after a generation or two.

2) Actually that's my only ? Except for asking for recommendations on where to purchase the best breeding stock.  But I figure maybe others would have more ?'s I haven't thought of yet.

Neo breeds like rabbit, and number of eggs they can carry plus the high baby survival are making their pricing to be more affordable. Hence, price difference between PFR and Cherry is only a few dollar. As such, just get PFR instead.