Fish with shrimp?!?

shrimpybuisness

I knew  a guy who was selling all his colony of hundreds of blue pearl shrimp because he felt they were to dangerous to his breeding Hillstream loaches.     He swore that the shrimp were eating the loaches eggs .    Lucky me.. I got to buy a couple hundred blue pearl for about 80 dollars.   But that was a couple years ago when they were popular.  

I'll be doing custom setups for people with mixes of fish & shrimp. This will hopefully maintain a balanced population without them having a shrimp breeding tank when they just wanted something nice for their desk or living room

How do you have your shrimp with guppies? I tried it and those guppies killed at least 6 of my shrimp constantly nibbling them at the shrimps legs. Also I had a dream for a dwarf baby tears carpet and those guppies wrecked my dream the day I put it in the substrate, the next day I had half of the one I planted floating in the water. So for me guppies are a no no they are way too aggressive and big.

I knew a guy who was selling all his colony of hundreds of blue pearl shrimp because he felt they were to dangerous to his breeding Hillstream loaches. He swore that the shrimp were eating the loaches eggs . Lucky me.. I got to buy a couple hundred blue pearl for about 80 dollars. But that was a couple years ago when they were popular.

Wow lucky! How are they doing? Do you still have them. And I had two loaches but one passed ; (. I may be interested in the blue pearls depending on the color to cross breed with my rilis

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I'll be doing custom setups for people with mixes of fish & shrimp. This will hopefully maintain a balanced population without them having a shrimp breeding tank when they just wanted something nice for their desk or living room

Wow nice! Good luck.

How do you have your shrimp with guppies? I tried it and those guppies killed at least 6 of my shrimp constantly nibbling them at the shrimps legs. Also I had a dream for a dwarf baby tears carpet and those guppies wrecked my dream the day I put it in the substrate, the next day I had half of the one I planted floating in the water. So for me guppies are a no no they are way too aggressive and big.

Yah not going to risk that!

Otocinclus are safe with shrimp.  They don't eat them at all.  There are nano fish that people keep with shrimp but I have heard that all fish will eat whatever will fit in their mouth.  Baby shrimp would be at risk but I imagine that the adults would be okay.  But, I don't know anything for a fact , just hearsay.

Yeah I don't listen to that rule of "get small fish that can't fit a shrimp in its mouth" small fish can still damage adult shrimp by picking the adult shrimp often and can result as missing legs on shrimp. So IMO I wouldn't keep fish with shrimp even though it would look nice it would be peaceful for your shrimp.

Unless I'm missing something, I don't think anyone said they have shrimp with guppies, I only said I hoped someone had experience that they were safe.

Oh cause I thought you said you were looking for guppies to do something for a friend so it looked like you care for some guppies. Lol must've over read and wanted to warn people about guppies. Sorry

No, please don't be sorry! I value the input. I need to find fish that can go with shrimp for these custom tanks. Have both residential and commercial interest but they will be show tanks so I need to figure how how to manage a stable population and ecosystem. We'll be flying to do the installs so it has to be right from the start since we wont't be doing the maintenance.

No, please don't be sorry! I value the input. I need to find fish that can go with shrimp for these custom tanks. Have both residential and commercial interest but they will be show tanks so I need to figure how how to manage a stable population and ecosystem. We'll be flying to do the installs so it has to be right from the start since we wont't be doing the maintenance.

Wow this sounds like an amazing job! Traveling to do tanks! I'm a junior in high school. Let me know if your hiring!!! Lol. In all seriousness do you have customers already? Or is this a future business.

What's abn? And my Hillstream loach doesn't seem to care about the shrimp.

Albino Brush Nose Pleco.

Wow this sounds like an amazing job! Traveling to do tanks! I'm a junior in high school. Let me know if your hiring!!! Lol. In all seriousness do you have customers already? Or is this a future business.

Well, this is kind of just something gone crazy. I started off just wanting some shrimp. My other half however gets a bit enthused and built me a 220 gal breeder setup with a sump, refugium, and 8 tanks. Then a local pet store heard about it and is having him build their custom fish room, supply what we can, and consult. So I guess you can say that is one part and underway.

Then my sister back east got excited and wants me to do a custom tank. Well, like me, she has a big mouth and was sharing pictures with friends. Now they are waiting to see her tank to see if they want them in their stores. So basically, we'll see. We didn't try to make this happen, it just did. Now we will do our best and see where it goes. If it stops here, we are having a fun adventure. If it grows, we'll have a bigger adventure.

I have 2 otos with RCS in 3g. The shrimps feel so comfy around otos that they walk/stand on the fish!

Otocinclus are safe with shrimp.  They don't eat them at all.  There are nano fish that people keep with shrimp but I have heard that all fish will eat whatever will fit in their mouth.  Baby shrimp would be at risk but I imagine that the adults would be okay.  But, I don't know anything for a fact , just hearsay.