Problems with Controsoil

No issue so far for me.

I kept PRL(MK-Breed, Ellen Wang and my own line), CWS, YKK, BKK and WR with great success.

shrimplet  has near 100% survival rate.

I don't cycle the tank at all.

I added new shrimps as soon as one week (I pre-seed my sponge filter months ahead). all these top quality shrimp get berried within a month.

What minerlizer do you use? Any other products?

SS Bee GH+

and I add no thing other than Controsoil.

You need tell us more about your setup. so we can help to find the issue.

I only use 3/4"-1" thin substrate.

I have 6 tanks running contosoil since last Sept. No issues with mine. Constant ph 5.7 and my pintos, PRL and TBS all doing well. Use MK blue diamond. Tried shrimpdaddy line of products. Colors were good, breeding slowed down so back to blue diamond and all tanks are great. Might not be your soil.

I have no ammonia thank goodness. I think when I did the reset something messed up. I'm slowly lowering the params. I may switch back to using MK blue diamond and dosing the revive colore, minerals, vivace, and vita.

I use Controsoil exclusively in all of my shrimp tanks. So far, great results! I use MK-Breed Blue Diamond and currently testing Shrimpy Daddy products in my Blue Bolt tank, I am on my 11th day so far.

I use Controsoil exclusively in all of my shrimp tanks. So far, great results! I use MK-Breed Blue Diamond and currently testing Shrimpy Daddy products in my Blue Bolt tank, I am on my 11th day so far.

Keep us updated!

• 2 weeks later...

My pH is very stable at 5.5 across all my tanks.

My controsoil has had a very slow but noticeable pH "drift" downward over the first 5 months since setup.  Initially, the pH was 6.3, but over the course of several months it has drifted down to pH 5.5.  The shrimp seem happy, but I'd like to see the pH "stabilize" at some point and stay unchanged.  

I'm getting ready to bring in some more shrimp, and was hoping that pH would have reached bottom by now.  If it goes any lower, plan on seeing me light up the forums in search of a fix  :camp:

My controsoil has had a very slow but noticeable pH "drift" downward over the first 5 months since setup.  Initially, the pH was 6.3, but over the course of several months it has drifted down to pH 5.5.  The shrimp seem happy, but I'd like to see the pH "stabilize" at some point and stay unchanged.  

I'm getting ready to bring in some more shrimp, and was hoping that pH would have reached bottom by now.  If it goes any lower, plan on seeing me light up the forums in search of a fix  :camp:

I would say it depends on your water change schedule and thickness of substrate.

I use thin layer of controsoil, about 1" thick.

My pH drops to 6 on day one, then stables at 5.5 after a week. I do 25% water change weekly, and for 10 month, pH stays at 5.5