Keeping Neos and Caridinas together...?

Hi Everyone,

When keeping Neos with Crystals which/what parameters do you go with? I want to put some Snowballs in with my Crystals, but I'm not sure on what parameters should I go with. I keep all my shrimp in tap even the crystals my tap water is close to perfect. It's usually: pH- 6.0, Kh- 2, gH-4 TDS- around 120 +/-. I usually just use GH booster for the Neos to get it somewhere around 6-8. All have been breeding great. My question is: Will the Neos have molting issues in with a low GH?

Thanks guys. Maurice did you lose any during the change? I'm probably going to end up creating a divide tank similar to the one I have for my Neos.

Fishcrazy, I cant really say I lost any from the change, cause I never had them in any other p/m before adding them to the crystals. I bought them from a petshop. I did loose 3 or 4 from the 20 yellow neos yes, but sure it might have been cause they were imported from the east.

Lost about half of my taiwan fire reds due to green fungus decease, also from the east. This is well renown about shrimp coming in from the east thats bred in huge outdoor ponds

But all in all, they adapt quickly to the water p/m. They just take some time to start to breed

Really? I didn't know that. I been keeping my Neos in low pH for a really long time now because my tap comes out with a pH of 6.0-6.2. They still breed and the shrimplets grow out to adults. I only add GH booster for my Neos.

Really? I didn't know that. I been keeping my Neos in low pH for a really long time now because my tap comes out with a pH of 6.0-6.2. They still breed and the shrimplets grow out to adults. I only add GH booster for my Neos.

Keep them in pH > 7.0 water, they will thrive.

Honestly from my experience I kept Neos in Caridina water parameters. I only kept them together because of space and limited aquariums at the time. I kept them around 6.2-6.4 PH and a TDS around 185.All bred well and seem to be happy, but if you have the space I would keep them separate as you can concentrate on the species individual water parameters.