My planted tanks

Maurice

Hi all,

Thought I would share some of my planted tanks over the last couple of years.

Planted tanks and aquascaping has grown quite big in South Africa in the last 2 or so years.

We are still way behind with shrimps, as it is a grey area. We are aloud to trade and sell shrimp in the country, but illegal to import, we only have the basics like crs, cbs, normal tigers and cherries.

IMG_0979.jpg

IMG_4690_zps2b6aff0e.jpg

IMG_5700_zpseakozcyv.jpg

IMG_5165_2_zpslwpuq9ei.jpg

IMG_5727_zpsfnqmt5hp.jpg

Gorgeous aquascapes! You are venturing down the path I found myself. I started with aquascaping, but as time progressed and became quite limited, I backed down and began keeping and breeding shrimp. The joy they bring along with the limited time needed to help them thrive became a perfect match for me.

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

Planted tanks and aquascaping has grown quite big in South Africa in the last 2 or so years.

We are still way behind with shrimps, as it is a grey area. We are aloud to trade and sell shrimp in the country, but illegal to import, we only have the basics like crs, cbs, normal tigers and cherries.

IMG_0979.jpg

IMG_4690_zps2b6aff0e.jpg

IMG_5700_zpseakozcyv.jpg

IMG_5727_zpsfnqmt5hp.jpg

Gorgeous tanks .

You said in another post that you got more into shrimps but couldn't you continue to combine both as far as artistic tanks like this and shrimp ?

Hi all,

IMG_0979.jpg

IMG_4690_zps2b6aff0e.jpg

IMG_5700_zpseakozcyv.jpg

IMG_5727_zpsfnqmt5hp.jpg

I love tank #4.  What did you use and how?

Gorgeous tanks .

You said in another post that you got more into shrimps but couldn't you continue to combine both as far as artistic tanks like this and shrimp ?

Thanks Louie,

Time is a little on the scarce side and space, but will one day setup a planted tank again, I love the sizes of the ADA 90p and 120p but they are very expensive

I love tank #4.  What did you use and how?

Thanks Vpier, the hardscape was just dried out wood we get all over here on farms, plants were Bolbitis, Needle leave Java, various mosses, anubias nana petite, Java petite and dwarf hair grass.

Hardscape is very important in planted tanks, the more you have the better result in the end

Here is a pic of how the hardscape look

IMG_5127_zps52b6cba5.jpg