So whenever I see "cross-breeding" and "neos" together people always say they will turn back to their wild forms. Is this true?

I just ordered some Blue Dream Rilis to cross with my Red Rilis. I will put the females in my main tank and the males in my other Red RIli tank with just Female Red Rilis. Hopefully thats not confusing lol.

Thoughts? And have any of you successfully cross bred neos or know of anyone that has? I would love to see pictures! 

Here's a picture of some of my Red Rili, it looks like the one on the front right has some blue already.

post-1828-0-29169100-1442250509_thumb.jp

Its partially true and not true. The guide line is to not mix any colors as the shrimplets will turn "wild" color. There are some colors that ive heard that you can keep together. Orange-yellow and red rilli-blue velvets are some ive heard of but never tried but wouldn't recommend it

its true that red rili and blue velvets are ok with each other i have been doing it to some degree with no wildtypes being thrown.

several of the black/choc based shrimp lineage i also know can interbreed without throwing wildtypes as well.

blue dream is choc lineage and red rili are red lineage so they will throw wildtypes, red rilis and yellows will also throw mainly wilds too unfortunately.

to explain further, there's been 3 basic colour morphs of the neocaridina shrimp and they are red, yellow and chocolate.

one thing you can be sure of is you will always get vast majority being wildtypes if you cross shrimps from those different lineages.

if you want to see a good family tree just google neocaridina family tree shrimpkeepersforum there is a very well researched one there.

love n peace

will

• 1 month later...

Here's a quick update! I bought some blue dreams a while back and crossed 2 Red Rilis with the best Blue male and one just released shrimplets. Half her eggs were yellow and the other were blue!

post-1828-14450259288_thumb.jpg

I mixed red with blue velvet = red rili but kind of orange red colour. Also mixed carbon rilly with yellow and got red so I think red is dominant colour. Only got few wilds due to mixing normally got some transparent light blue or red if red or blue present. It's quite interesting and worth to try.

Nice to see other people crossing too! I hope other people post what they cross (neocaridia) I would love to see some pics! Also mine that came from a red rili female are half blue

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Here's an update picture of the babies , I have about 40 or so. Half are red the other are green/blue/wild type. Kind of a fail but I'll give them time to grow. The half that aren't red have like a stripe going horizontal across the lower back area. Anyone know why?

I mixed red with blue velvet = red rili but kind of orange red colour. Also mixed carbon rilly with yellow and got red so I think red is dominant colour. Only got few wilds due to mixing normally got some transparent light blue or red if red or blue present. It's quite interesting and worth to try.

Red is the most dominant and can be traced back the farthest as it was the first lines we seen.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Here's an update picture of the babies , I have about 40 or so. Half are red the other are green/blue/wild type. Kind of a fail but I'll give them time to grow. The half that aren't red have like a stripe going horizontal across the lower back area. Anyone know why?

Good to see your result, keep trying and who knows maybe you can end up with new colour shrimp ;)

All my wild shrimps have a stripe, those yellow.green/brown with stripes look like wild to me. Btw I made my red rillis that way - I crossed blue and red shrimps and got some wilds and some low grade red rilis then I cull them and at the end got nice red rilis.

• 1 year later...

I too have gotten my shrimp from Forum members.  Sponsors are great or PM someone who has what you're looking for.  You will not be disappointed with the shrimp sold.  Even the culls are better then LFS.  Everything else you need for shrimp as well, great communication, and FREE knowledge.  I am still looking thru past posts for bits of knowledge shared in the past.  I exterminated too many shrimp before I got it right, so make sure you are ready for $10-$50 shrimp.

15 hours ago, quintis1397 said:

Ny body know where i can get high quality shrimp?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If I remember correctly, while red Bloody Marys are from the chocolate line and painted fire are high grade cherry. So if I remembered right...good chance of wilds.

=^._.^=