Best Mineralizer

Amyers22

Okay I have never personally used Slaty Shrimp GH+, but it has been around for a while and many people have success with it. I have used MK Blue diamond before and had tons of berried females in the short time I used it however I did have some indications that there may not be enough nutrients in the water. I am setting up two new tanks and would like some advice on which conditioner to use based on experience.

I know a few people who use Mosura Old Sea Mud so I ordered it to use as a nutrient supplement only dosing it once a week if needed. It may solve the issue I had with the Blue diamond conditioner the first time.

I recently lost the majority of my shrimp due to some unfortunate events so I would like to use a conditioner that will provide my shrimp with exactly what they need to grow, molt safely and completely, reproduce, and have high shrimplet survival considering all other conditions are optimum (oxygen in the water, biofilm, etc..)

Thanks in advance for the help :)

My personal experience.

I only use SS GH+ for GH, and dose small amount MK-Breed blood diamond weekly. occasionally dose MK-Breed golden powder and silver powder, F&N M9.

Keep it simple. add too much additive is not good.

Shrimp gets nutrients from food and soil.

My personal experience.

I only use SS GH+ for GH, and dose small amount MK-Breed blood diamond weekly. occasionally dose MK-Breed golden powder and silver powder, F&N M9.

Keep it simple. add too much additive is not good.

Shrimp gets nutrients from food and soil.

Do you think using the Salty shrimp GH + and Mosura Old Sea Mud when needed would be the best combo then?

Do you think using the Salty shrimp GH + and Mosura Old Sea Mud when needed would be the best combo then?

I don't have experience with Old Sea Mud.

If you use small amount at a time. and dose every couple months. would work.

But it's option, not a must. you can use mineral rocks like MK-Breed Life Ball as well. 

I have few tourmaline balls in some of my tanks. I don't see any difference with or without it.

Depends if you prefer liquid or powder/salt.. I carry shrimpernet gh+ And i will be getting shrimp nature gh+ in stock in a few weeks. Both powders. Sl aqua blue wizard is a good choice if you prefer liquid

I prefer whatever will give my shrimp the best environment. I already have Salty Shrimp GH + and MK Blue Diamond. If both of these conditioners alone provide all the essential minerals and trace elements for shrimp to grow, molt, reproduce, and shrimplet survival I would like to know which one is the best option. Personally I think liquid is easier to measure, but I did see some of my regular CRS have splotchy or reduction in color and I also had one shrimp only molt half its body when using MK Blue Diamond. I thought this was because there weren't enough minerals present. Maybe it was something else. I just want to know based on experience of people that use these products which one provides the best environment for shrimp and if Old Sea Mud is a good nutrient supplement to dose in small amount to replenish nutrients to the water.

Look into SL-Aqua TM-1 or MK Breed Blood Diamond for trace minerals. I noticed better coloration and activity when the recommended volume of trace minerals was added.  

Initially when first keeping shrimp I used a powder, Salty Shrimp GH+. Overtime more and more liquid forms hit the market, I use MK-Breed Blue Diamond, quick and easy. You really can't go wrong either way, for the cost Salty Shrimp is fantastic as it lasts a long time. Blue Diamond is more convenient in my book though. It boils down to preference, as all of these products have the essential trace elements needed for your shrimp.

I want to add one more point to the trace elements.

If you use vocalic ash based substrate, like ADA Aquasoil, Controsoil, Brightwell. you have more than enough trace elements.

I dont believe in a best. comes down to personal preference. you can chose powders like SaltyShrimp or Shrimpernet, or liquids like SL-Aqua, Shrimp Nature, and MK.

SaltyShrimp was the standard for many years, but there are lots of options now.  MK seems to be working for you so stick with it!