Crystal blues?

Jynn

I learned that blue bees are a thing, although from what ive read the blue is sporadic and tends to show up more when stressed..

I know they are a different subspecies of caridinas, but I have not found info about whether they will interbreed with any of the others...

I was just curious if theres anyone working on making crystal blues out of them, or if theres even anything that you COULD cross them with to try and work on something like that.

I have seen a few pictures of  shrimp that look like crystal blues, but with no info on it.. could just be weird bolt/jelly patterns or might have just been shopped for all I know.

4d6669b42c816.jpgBlueBoltShrimp.jpg

Unfortunately I have not seen a "True Blue" Caridina species aside from Blue Bolts. I have seen so many pictures of Blue Jelly's where they are an extremely poor BKK or they are shrimplets and lose the coloration as they mature.

It would definitely be a great project for someone!

the 2nd photo shows a blue jelly which is created by using a BKK x CWB (crystal white bee shrimp)  This was my original project, but got shut down due to my tank disaster.  I might start a new one once I have my 20 gallon long set up.

I believe that photo belongs to Michal Nadal as he was the 1st person I had heard of that did this cross.  When I saw it I started hunting for the CWB but no one had them in the US.  Then Speedie brought some in and a few people dudenkens I think kept them and I got mine from Shrimpfever in Canada.

I did get my female to breed with a CBS but the offspring all died (they were mostly black and white)  I think crossed on BKK you would get some interesting offspring.  I would like to see one of these crosses from Wine Reds too.

the 2nd photo shows a blue jelly which is created by using a BKK x CWB (crystal white bee shrimp) This was my original project, but got shut down due to my tank disaster. I might start a new one once I have my 20 gallon long set up.

I believe that photo belongs to Michal Nadal as he was the 1st person I had heard of that did this cross. When I saw it I started hunting for the CWB but no one had them in the US. Then Speedie brought some in and a few people dudenkens I think kept them and I got mine from Shrimpfever in Canada.

I did get my female to breed with a CBS but the offspring all died (they were mostly black and white) I think crossed on BKK you would get some interesting offspring. I would like to see one of these crosses from Wine Reds too.

Do we have anyone that can confirm on the results of BKK x CWS? I think most people agree on the idea that blue jellies and green hulks are color variations of king kongs. Just wondering if anyone did this cross? (James?)

I have super princess bee shrimp and I'd say 15-20% of them have a blue shine/tint on the black portion of their body, I was considering starting a program to try and line breed the blue to be more dominant but my tank is currently in flux. Will try and provide pictures soon

photos aren't the best but you get the picture... if I get these things figured out with what is going on in my tank I'm going to set up a breeder box and try and get the blue to breed true.

post-2708-0-40867200-1444324117_thumb.jp

post-2708-0-60282900-1444324126_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

I just received some blue jellys from Joe's Aqua and they are definitely blue and look just like the original picture on the right. Very cool shrimp I will try and take some pictures once they are climated